Mason - Do you want him back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Unfortunately we've flunked out on bringing in proven talent as well. Pickens, Thigpen, Givens.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

do you agree with the risk/reward aspect?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 4th rd picks?

No way try one 4th rd pick. Think about why they want to trade mason. To get rid of about $3.5-4M in cap money. Maybe they think he is in decline he didn't have a great year.

From a money perspective the titans should like mason's contract. It was a 5 year $20M deal but half of that has already been paid. Not a great deal of out of pocket costs there and the cap hit is reasonable for us and mason still has three seasons left on the deal.

I say offer a 4th and if that isn't enough throw in LT or a late pick but no way to both our 4ths. LT always a throw in for any deal.:ha:

Mason at least makes up for bennett's loss and his vet leadership would be great. The guy is clutch on third down and fearless going across the middle.

What if we can ultimately get mason and mccareins back? No more WR complaints?

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Mason is fearless going across the middle? When did that happen? Mason is the kind of guy that runs 10 yard routes then finds a hole to crawl in. He and McNair had that wormburner thing going, where he would throw them at his knees so he could go down and not get hit. That is not what Vince needs. We need someone tall and physical that will go up and get the ball. CJ is the only guy in the draft I know of like that, and he will be long gone before we get to pick.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ironic...

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

What is ironic? Mason is not built to run over people...he's not exactly a big guy. If he didn't go down like that, he probably wouldn't still be playing in the NFL. Bennett was the same way, he wasn't going to run over anyone, nor was it expected. Why lose your starting receiver to gain a few extra yards? Better to have them on the field for the next play.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not like a game has ever been won or lost by a yard....

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Ok, I've now seen two posts misunderstanding what I'm suggesting here, so let me spell it out for you. I AM NOT SUGGESTING TRADING TWO FOURTH ROUNDERS FOR DERRICK MASON. Now that that's out of the way, let me explain what I am suggesting. A while ago we were talking about trading a fourth round pick to the Seahawks for Darrell Jackson and now we're talking about trading a pick for Derrick Mason. A poster earlier on asked wether a fourth rounder would be better spent trading for Darrell Jackson or Derrick Mason, so I took it a step further and suggested that we trade one of our two fourth round picks to Seattle for Darrell Jackson and our other fourth rounder to Baltimore for Derrick Mason. I hope that makes things clear, and once again, the suggestion is NOT two fourth rounders for Derrick Mason, I know that would be grossly overpaying for a possible cap casualty.

On a side note, anyone else see the irony in Baltimore picking him up after he was our cap casualty and now we're talking about picking him up after Baltimore makes him a cap casualty?

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

even though age could be a factor, if tennessee brings in Derrick Mason, it would be the happiest day of this offseason, Mason is a proven #1, had 68 receptions last year, hed be just what we are looking for in a receiver, plus hes already a star in Nashville, great fit, PLEASE TENNESSEE BRING THIS GUY IN!!!!

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

He's not a proven #1, but he's the closest we've had to one in a long long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar