Marvin Lewis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by sirjesse, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Which makes what Marv did even more impressive. Along with winning games without a good QB.

2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Can't believe the majority of you would not want him as head coach.

The Steelers were just as undisciplined that game, yet nobody is calling Tomlin out saying he "cant control his players". Refs and jeremy hill lost them that game... with their backup QB. McCarron is no better than Hoyer, but one of them is getting a way better gameplan.

Marvin Lewis has brought a ****ton of talent to that team has he is a GM/HC hybrid kind of guy. Not just players but look at all of the Bengal coordinators that have gotten HC jobs. That franchise was a 3-13 kind of team before him.

The playoff win will come. With Dalton that team would be the favorite in the AFC.

But it doesn't really matter anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'd take Marvin any day. That said, he didn't handle that Steelers game very well...nor did the team. Those mistakes simply can't be made and or tolerated.

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

The refs needed to control that game. I've never seen coaches so involved in a game like that before.

However I thought his gameplan was fine and would normally win. Jeremy Hill really lost the game for them. In the huddle I guarantee something along the following was said to him: "don't fumble, don't fight for yards, and don't fumble". Yet he fights for yards and loses it for his team.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Honestly, I don't even know why they gave him the ball anyway. Dude has fumbled a lot this year and is a young player. Bad decision and play all around. Also, Porter had ZERO business being on the field and talking smack

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Too bad they couldn't have gotten Sankey.

• LOL LOL x 3
  7. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I dont know man, First thought is like, no I wouldnt "want him", probably because it isnt a possibility, and hasnt been a possibility, and I havent thought about it enough to really have an opinion.

Thing about all this coaching stuff, I started out having favorites and I want this guy or that guy, truth is, regardless of who we hire, the "was it a good hire or bad hire" is only going to be good or bad during this off season, once games start being played, we will know quickly.

Munchak could have drafted JJ watt instead of Jake Locker, and run with hasselback for another season, gone 10-6, playoffs, and might still be the coach today. Even as bad as whisenhunt was, nobody thought we would go 2-14 in his first year. We dont know, even the experts dont know.

We could hire a coach who has his "buddy come in" as receivers coach, and for whatever reason, he gets into DGB head like nobody ever has, and next thing you know he is the top receiver in the afc south. Mariota-DGB becomes the next Young-Rice, and the head coach winning games, and is a "genius" and it only happened because his buddy needed a job so he let him coach the WR's.

I dont know anything, the more I read stories,etc the less I know.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

At the time Munchak passed on JJ Watt and drafted Locker there was no Hasselbeck.

Hasselbeck signed with us after the draft. It was either stick with Rusty Smith and take JJ Watt or say no thanks Rusty we're drafting a QB.

Munchak was forced to take a QB that year..

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Oh, wasnt sure how the timeline played out, but i was being more hypothetical, that Munchak could have drafted "future star A" instead of Locker, and had slightly better results, like instead of 8-8,7-9, or something he slips into the playoffs at 10-6 or 9-7, and we have a totally different opinion of his "coaching skills" seems like a lot of random things happen that really separates people opinion of an average to good coach from a bad coach.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You could lose your mind thinking up what-ifs, best to just see things for what they are..

What if Kevin Dyson could squat 1000lbs? You think we win the Super Bowl vs the Rams?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar