Marty Mornhinweg

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thepoonerboy, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepoonerboy

thepoonerboy Jake "Lockout" Locker

True but on NFL network I heard there might be something in Fisher's contract where it says he cant take his guys if he decides to leave. They where talking about it last night.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason I don't envision Washburn as a good head coach or even coordinator is because he's very simple in his methods. Think about what he preaches to our team... We have 8 solid D-Lineman, none that great, but all contribute. And the reason they can contribute is because it's full speed half the time. One guy gets winded, simply pull him for a fresh guy. Not too sophisticated, but it works. I would very pissed if he wasn't our D-Line coach any longer.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We were in the top 10 in scoring all year with Vy and Collins at QB. We were 5th in scoring before the shutout.

Before the Rusty smith debacle we had scored more points than the Saints.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

True, we're the anti-Chow right now. We can't put up yards, but somehow we put up points.

Wonder if we could get Chow to be the OC from our endzone to midfield, and then hand over to Dinger from midfield to the next endzone?

5. 24

24 Starter

Well, I was wrong about Mornhinweg calling the plays. Reid gave him those responsibilities in 2007. After reading more about him, I think if we fire Fisher, we should look at this guy. There's an article from ESPN, it emphasizes the success rate of second chance head coaches, and it was written before Vick became the starter. The writer believes that Mornhinweg is the next great head coach. I doubt most of you will be able to read it though, it's an Insider article.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=4797666

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

been hearing steve marriuchi (sure spelled wrong) name today that he is interested. I would like to see Rex Ryan's brother Rob as the DC. I wouldnt mind a ryan in nashville at all!

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Mooch is/was a good coach, especially when he was with the Niners. Unfortunately he had to deal with the Diva Terrell Owens and then Matt Millen in Detroit. Not my top choice, but solid.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ryan isn't gonna go backwards/lateral at this point and The Browns is a more sought after gig that The Titans anyway. Mariuchi would be interesting but he comes from the old school as well (for those that are so opposed to such a thing)

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Old School? Mariucci is new school.....off the Bill Walsh/Mike Holmgren tree. He's a west coast offense guy......he was Favre's QB coach in Green Bay in the early 90's, then moved on to Steve Young in the late 90's.

10. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Fisher goes and Reinfeldt is charge of the search with little involvement from Adams he's gonna look at his Green Bay and Seattle roots which means you're gonna hear names like Mornhinweg, Mora, Mike Sherman (doubtful given where he's coaching), Mariucci, and you'll even hear Gruden's name thrown around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar