Marks unsigned; return to Titans unlikely

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Marks was great at getting penetration. Gotta give him that. He struggled (to say the least) his 1st few seasons but picked it up last year. Remember the Texans game when we were ALWAYS in the backfield?

A lot of that was Marks.

He has a great initial burst on run plays and often dices through the O-Line. It didn't result in a lot of tackles, but it re-directed the ball carrier quite often last year.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Marks priced himself out of a job. He over valued himself.

Some players can have a decent year then want to go get a big contract. Some cant, such as him.

3. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Seems some teams have been in contact with him. Not sure about an actual offer yet though.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-examining-latest-whispers-around-the-league
    The New York Giants just cut defensive tackle Chris Canty and they aren't expected to re-sign Rocky Bernard, per Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News.
    According to the New York Daily News report, the Giants are interested in signing soon-to-be free agent Sen'Derrick Marks.
    The 26-year-old ranked sixth among AFC defensive tackles in solo tackles last season, despite playing in just 14 games. While he's not one of the top defensive tackles available and he's a bit undersized for the position (6'2", 294 pounds), the 2009 second-rounder has shown flashes of greater potential.
    The problem is, Marks may be difficult to land. He's already drawn interest from five teams, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

If Marks did all of this he would have been signed by now. I'm not sure what DT you are watching. 1.5 sacks from a undersized 3 tech is horrible he gets tackles they just happen to be after quite a bit of positive yardage.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Alll that? You mean get penetration?

Yes he did get penetration on many known running downs. His problem was he would get stood up when he's supposed to play his gap and wouldn't get a lot of penetration.

There's a difference.

He was great at "knifing" through the line. And like I said before, it didn't often result in tackles.

It's ok. You can say something good about a player and still be ready to move on.

Edit: According to the article above I was partly right. The thing I was off on was the amount of tackles he made.

I know my Titans football!

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Fair enough this is a more accurate level headed assessment than your first one seemed imo. no harm no foul.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I am sure he has offers. Just not close to what he wants lol

8. Danimal

Danimal Starter

He will be some one's Jovan Haye this year. I think we are done with him here . . . been there, done that, moving on .

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This may be the best thing that could've happened to Marks the player. He has to work harder instead of getting his payday and getting complacent.

10. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

If I had to guess, Marks will get signed by someone sooner or later. He just doesn't need to be a starter...maybe more of a rotational guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar