Marks signs with Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Because one is much better than the other. How is that not obvious?

Is it dumb to give any pass-rushing DT a contract because it's possible to compare him to Karl Klug? That kind of logic is astoundingly stupid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK how true that is. Karl Klug gets to the QB more frequently when he's in than Marks.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Marks has fewer tackles than he did last season though 4 sacks. It's still more than Sammie Hill who has zero sacks.

I said in the spring the Titans should have kept Marks if he was cheap enough because he seemed to have upside. Most disagreed with me here.

The guy who really stepped up once off the Titans roster is Randy Starks. I don't know if he'd ever played as well in the Titans' scheme but he's the kind of run-stuffing guy this team desperately needs.

4. TorontoTitanFan

What?

Marks is 6th in the NFL in QB hurries by a DT. http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/defensive-hurries/2013/

Klug isn't on the list.

I think you are severely overrating Klug/severely underrating Marks by suggesting the two are comparable. They play the same position. They aren't the same player at all.

It's clear now that you don't have a solid basis for your argument and are just making sh*t up.

5. JCBRAVE

Klug sacks the QB every 148 snaps. Marks gets to the QB every 219 snaps. Boom I win.

6. TorontoTitanFan

I'd say you can't possibly believe that tells the whole story, but the truth is you probably do believe it.

Here's a fact you might find interesting to learn: DTs have other responsibilities than just rushing the passer on some snaps!

Here's another: players who only play on a small number of a subset of snaps (like 3rd-and-longs) are expected to have higher sack numbers!

7. JCBRAVE

Situational pass rushers pass rush, thats what they do. Fact is, Marks was expendable with Klug around. Jags are stupid for extending him, but Im happy they did.

And why are we even arguing this, its SenDerrick Marks LOL

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TorontoTitanFan

Because you like to pretend to be an expert in things you barely understand.

9. JCBRAVE

Youre just mad not a soul will agree with you on this.

Raise your hand if you miss SenDerrick Marks.

Anyone?

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Kevin Vickerson is another guy who would have been nice to hold onto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar