Mark Barron

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

My opinion is the same as others. If he is judged to be the best defensive player available, then sure.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, we've taken a safety in this spot before in Michael Griffin, who was projected to be taken at the top of the 2nd. It won't surprise me if we do take Barron, but as a SS, he will have to replace Hope, so that means we'd have likely re-signed Griffin. I don't like the idea of Babs playing FS as much.

So eh, Barron would be a letdown at first for me, compared to other players I'd rather the Titans draft. I vote No.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am not a fan of Barron.

Personally I would not be thrilled at all if we drafted him. But I'd gladly eat crow if he turns out to be a stud for any team.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

No. I'm not a fan of 225lb safeties. will get eaten alive in the passing game. In the box safeties are a thing of the past.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Winston Guy Jr. anyone :brow: 120 tackles 13 for loss 2.5 sacks 2 int 2 broken up 1 force fumble and we did sign his co-defense coordinator Steve Brown at Kentucky where Guy played

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Taken in the appropriate round, I'd be excited about that...

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Definitely not our first pick but they say he will go anywhere from the 3rd to 4th round. Not sure he'll last until our spot in the 3rd where I feel comfortable drafting to him.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Adrian Wilson was the NFC's starting Pro Bowl safety at 230 lbs. Kam Chancellor was first alternate at 232 lbs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Just because they are bigger doesn't mean they can't move. You need a well built strong safety cause we put ours in the box a lot we need someone who can help in run support and also be fluid in coverage. That is why I'm a huge fan of Guy because he was a 100m state champ in college and ran a 4.35 in high school. It is probably not that fast with the added weight. However he hits like a truck and can also cover. His coverage needs improvement but he has made strides every year as a starter.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My favorite safety in this draft:

[​IMG]

Solid tackler and BIG hitter
    6'1 205
    Roughly a 4.45 40
    37+ vert
    Majored in Economics w/ a 3.6 GPA
    Solid at coverage, still needs to work on hip movement

I'd use a 2nd on Markelle Martin without a doubt, and I personally think he's the best safety in this years class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar