Mariota's First INT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan8425

Titan8425 Starter

MM bounced back from the INT...just what I wanted to see. The dude is going to throw some INT, and make mistakes HE A FREAKIN ROOKIE!

It's the Oline that has me wetting my pants. Not only are they going to get MM hurt, they're going to make it that much harder for MM as a rookie. I'm not sure what the answer is (should have been addressed better in off season), but these guys need to get their **** together before the season or it's going to be a long year for MM and the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Agreed. I said it before, a true RT had to be picked.....Horrifying that they planned on bell there. Pout ask needs to be at guard, he isn't quick or agile enough for the tackles position at the NFL level yet. Levitre and Schwenke needs to be demoted instantly. Yes, I know it's pre season game 1, but this is a pattern. They had multiple opportunities to fix his line between FA and the draft and did not. Very disappointing. I guess we will see how it shakes out. I do expect to see Gillick more though.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Prideful

Prideful Starter

Sankey didnt even see the ball until it was at his face (looked like a deer in headlights) Cobb needs to take over hes got a little more talent.
    Plus the play calling was horrid.

4. Titan8425

Titan8425 Starter

Not going to say the INT was all on Sankey. Line should have picked up the backer...MM should have dirted the ball.
    But Sankey did not impress at any level. I'd give him some slack if it was his first game (oh that's right he was the first RB picked in the SECOND round and played last season) but dude should not be starting. Especially with this Oline.
    I lay the bit about his being picked where he did on the FO...WTF was all I can say about that pick at that position in the draft.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That was what I took away from Mariota as well. At least he's physically tougher than Locker and mentally stronger than VY.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

Now its out of the way. He looked pretty good besides the turnovers. I didn't like the fumble at all. Horrible blocking and he should have moved up in the "pocket". The int was a all around bad play, bad blocking, soft throw and sankey just sat there like an idiot.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Anyone else cringe when Mariota went to make the tackle after the pick?

Some real Locker flashbacks after that one.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Interception was clean. He made the decision. He made the throw. That decision and throw counted as a interception. In evaluation it's a small, teeny, mark against him.

I still believe in him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Seriously? Sankey has the least blame in that play. The majority goes to Whiz (too obvious) and the OL (too damn slow). Mariota probably should have thrown it away when he saw the defender sitting there, but he probably assumed the OL would get there in time. They didn't...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar