Mariota vs. Leonard Williams vs. Trade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 15, 2015.

?

Choose one

Poll closed Mar 22, 2015.
  1. Trade Down

24.6%
  2. Leonard Williams

53.6%
  3. Marcus Mariota

21.7%
  4. Draft other (post player in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Question was when was our last 1000 yd receiver. We've had 2 in the last 3 years. Nate had 1000 in 2012 and Kendall in 2013. Yeah neither are a true #1, but you don't always need that. Antonio Brown is another one who's a beast, but not a true #1. A better qb and our wr will look much better. We have talent there, we just aren't getting the most out of them.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Carr and Bridgewater would have been the only two from that class I would have drafted before the fourth round.

That class was crap.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

No, David Carr/Joey Harrington was crap. Vince young/Matt Leinart was crap and JaMarcus russells class was crap.

Like I said, there have been wayyy worse classes

4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Locker, Gabbert, and ponder pretty bad draft .

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think you guys are missing my point.

I wouldn't have drafted anyone outside of Carr and Bridgwater before the fourth round. I definitely would not have drafted Gabbert or Ponder in the first round(especially Ponder). Not my fault desperate teams reached on QBs and inflated the class' expectation.

2014 was one of the most enigmatic QB classes. A bunch of seniors that no one could rank because they were all totally average NFL prospects.

Bridgewater was the only one I would have taken in the first. Carr would have had my full support in the second. Other than? Total crap.

Blake Bortles threw 17 INTs and fumbled seven times in 13 games. Yeah, the team was awful, but they lost games because he threw multiple pick-sixes in games.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

To say that class is the worst qb class ever when last year was only their rookie season is juat dumb though. It takes more than a rookie season to be able to truly evaluate a player like that. even then, it still isn't the worst qb class ever and it won't be. even to get 2 solid starting qbs out of a draft (even though bortles, manziel and even Metts careers are still yet to be seen) is alot better than some past classes.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

True that, but you can still compare them as prospects.

8. Tommy Udo

Tommy Udo Practice Squad

How far are you trading down?

Fowler will be gone by the 5th pick.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The more I see and read, the more undecided I become.

I trade out if the deal is right. For example, the Jets come up to #2 for Mariota. The Titans get their first, second and third-rounders this year and a first in '16. No brainer. The Titans get Cooper, White or one of the other DEs/OLBs.

I hope the Jets fell in love with him yesterday.

As to whether we take Mariota or Williams, it obviously boils down to whether or not the Titans think Mariota is a franchise QB. For all we know, Whiz thinks Mett is a franchise QB.

Williams likely is the safest option but you don't pass on a franchise QB.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Rudad

Rudad Starter

And it's all a crap shoot . This a big draft for Webster and whiz. And for the Titans.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar