Mariota vs. Leonard Williams vs. Trade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 15, 2015.

?

Choose one

Poll closed Mar 22, 2015.
  1. Trade Down

24.6%
  2. Leonard Williams

53.6%
  3. Marcus Mariota

21.7%
  4. Draft other (post player in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I dont think anyone is saying Williams is the next Watt.

The only people trying to make that comparison are the ones that dont want Williams because he is not Watt.

Williams is as versitale as Watt as in he can play NT in the 3-4 and obviously play the End. Meaning he can stay out on the field in any situation. You can also line him up against the weakest player on their line.

Also no one is claiming Williams himself is going to guarntee us 2+ wins, but he will improve the defense. With a improved defense we will have 2+ more wins.

the last time we made the playoffs, who was our starting QB??

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

never a good idea involving Kerry Collins in anything lol, I think Id still kick him if i ever met him

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's a tough position we are in. So many holes to fill, and Williams is seen as the best product in the draft, but is he? Will he be? All of them are gambles. I will be happy with pretty much any pick at 2 other than some crazy reach, but honestly, our Offense is horrifyingly bad. At least they made some moves on Defense. Our offense is the most predictable POS product in the NFL. Stack the box, and no weapons to game plan for.......

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Williams is no doubt pro ready and versatile/good...I would be happy with him..The problem I see NOT taking him, is that the Jags will....and with our luck, he will blow it up...ugh...Figures they would pick behind us.....smh

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

What??

Bridgewater and Carr both had damn good rookie years. Bortles didn't do bad at all for being in Jax with no talent either.

There have been way worse qb classes. Wayyyyyyy worse.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

thats gonna suck, that means we have to see not just Watt twice but now LW? Poor Andy Levitre gonna get shot at this season

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

This may seem out of left field, but the more I think about it I think WR is a possibility even at #2. I know you don't get as much "value" taking a WR there but here is what I've been thinking.

Last year's WR class is proof that the WR position is one where someone can come in and make an immediate impact. ODB, Evans, Watkins and even Benjamin really helped their teams and I believe they all had 1,000 yards receiving. When was the last time a Titans player had 1,000 receiving? How much would having a 1,000 yard receiver help our offense?

Also, we do have a few proverbial "difference makers" on the defensive side of the ball; Casey, Williamson, Orakpo etc. I don't think we have a true difference maker on the offensive side of the ball. Walker would be the closest thing we have.

We all know Whisenhunt thinks offense first and if they want to roll the dice with Mettenberger, they will want to set him up to succeed by giving him as many weapons as possible, they did the same with Locker (at least attempted to). And let's face it, if Wright or Hunter go down, or god forbid both, we are screwed. We haven't had that true, #1 WR, that's a legit weapon that scares opposing defenses in years. If they think Cooper, White, or Parker is that guy, I think they take him and I wouldn't be mad about it.

Last point. I think our defense has already improved through free agency and with LeBeau on the sidelines, I think if they don't take a stud defender, we will still see progress on the defensive side of the ball. If we don't add pieces to the offense, I'm afraid we could be in for another long year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Rudad

Rudad Starter

I agree with we need offense help. Game changing WR, OT, another guard etc. one of the really big issues last year was we couldn't run the dang ball. If take Mariota or go with Mett, a decent running game really helps open up WR and TE . Also helps defense stay off of field .

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly. Add a true #1, a pounder RB and a RT/G and now Defenses have to play you honest. Instantly, you can run, you can throw....We couldn't do either last year. Our WR's and RB's are pathetic.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

2013 Kendall Wright. Nate had 919 the same year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar