Mariota vs. Leonard Williams vs. Trade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 15, 2015.

?

Choose one

Poll closed Mar 22, 2015.
  1. Trade Down

24.6%
  2. Leonard Williams

53.6%
  3. Marcus Mariota

21.7%
  4. Draft other (post player in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If he's not injury prone now then he will be with his statue feet behind our OL.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Sure but again we don't really know. You can't bank on what you don't know a year from now. If the Titans get a big trade offer and pass up on Mariota, then sure. You're loading up on picks and that lowers the risk on whiffing for a QB next year. If we just take Leonard Williams and pass on Mariota, then that's a bigger risk.

I think the Titans still have another work out/meeting with Mariota left. They're going to hella hype him regardless of their feelings for him. Just get ready for it.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm still praying CLE calls and offers 12, 19, 46, & future pick (1st-3rd?.. depending on how bad they want him).

Gives us a ton of options at 12/19 - chose 2 of:Devante Parker, Dorial Green-Beckham, Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Trae Waynes, Brandon Scherff, Danny Shelton, Shane Ray, Andrus Peat, or Jalen Collins. Then we'd also have #33 & #46. We could walk away with 4 impact players from the draft.

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

ewww I want no part of Gordon or Gurley in the 1st.

Tbh I want no RB in the 1st or 2nd.

We invested a 2nd into Bishop and we barely use him.

if that trade does happen, I would be all for the best pass rusher/WR/OL available.

5. Tommy Udo

Tommy Udo Practice Squad

Williams is the highest rated player on the board regardless of position. That's who I am drafting.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Thats what I have been saying.

If Tampa didn't need a QB, he would be the hands down number 1 pick.

Im honestly not in love with Winston, but I would take him over Williams in our current situation. Just the upside is too good.

Mariota is another story. We have no clue how his skill set is going to translate to the NFL.

Could be like a bigger faster Russell Wilson, or the next RG3...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Tommy Udo

Tommy Udo Practice Squad

Agreed.

I think Mariota could develop into a decent NFL QB but he is too close to a Colin Kaepernick clone for my likings.

8. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

I know at least one of our scouts who feels the same way

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I am in total love with Leonard Williams still but can see them picking QB, and I'd get behind it.

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Same here.
    Does anybody really think we would have a better season with Mariota starting this year? Two things to consider:
    #1 Mariota has not played under center since high school
    #2 Whisenhunt will have to change his offense completely for the duck to have a chance
    This just doesn't make any sense.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar