Mariota Three Team Trade Rumor

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

#6, a 2nd and next years first would work

If this happens because they want Mariota, would Geno Smith be someone to add in? or pass? I'm thinking strictly adding competition at the QB position

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

This is exactly the scenario I want. An extra high pick this year and a 1st next year, that's a good deal for both teams. Plus, we stay at #6 and can still get Cooper, White, or one of the OLBs.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

The flip side to that is, a rookie QB buys you more time than Rivers does. If you bring in a vet QB with Rivers' experience, you will be expected to start competing much quicker than if you brought in a rookie.

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I am all in with the Jets trade 2 for 6, 2nd and 1016 1st. Though, I might first ask for an additional 4th this year or 3rd next year, but settle without. I really want Cooper and I think this still gives us him. I have heard a handful of people say just take Cooper at 2. I wouldn't mind it, but still think we cant get him at 6.

5. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

The newest rumor is a 3 team with Chargers and Eagles:

"The Eagles would receive the No. 2 overall pick from the Titans, which they would then use to draft Mariota.
    The Chargers would receive Sam Bradford, the Eagles’ first-round pick and the Titans’ second-round pick.
    The Titans would receive Philip Rivers and the Eagles’ third-round pick."

This would make me sick.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah, this came out a few days back....Not gonna happen, and if it does, this franchise is set back another 5 years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If from a talent standpoint their is minimal difference between the 2nd pick and the 6th pick then why wouldn't you make the trade to get an extra pick.

The 2nd pick is only as valuable as the talent level available at that pick.

Unfortunately this year isn't loaded with can't miss stud top end talent.

Some think that Williams is that stud type of guy. Personally I do not and would be just as happy taking one of the top WRs or OLBers at #6 and then getting an extra high 2nd rnd pick.

I hope we get some huge offer to move out of the spot. But if not I'd take whatever I can get.

Would you rather have Williams and Agholor or Beasley, Agholor, and Fisher???

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are two things I want when looking for a trade down. 1. A 2016 1st round pick. 2. A 2015 2nd round pick. Ideally, I'd like to stay in the top 10 as well.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Hope someone supply's the K-Y for that one

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree....given Kelly's moves so far, Mariota will need to really bomb out for a season or two before Kelly is interested.

Can't be in the land of misfit toys until you are one as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar