Mariota the Record breaker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Another game, another record ...

Week 1 - Most passing TDs in 1st career game (tied - 4)

Week 2 - Most passing TDs in 1st 2 career games (6)

Week 3 - Most passing yards in a game by a rookie in franchise history (367)

The loss sucks, but damn we should all be VERY excited about Mariota.

His totals so far (through 3 games)

833 yards (8th in NFL)

8 TDs (T-4th in NFL)

8.6 YPA (9th in NFL)

109.2 QB rating (8th in NFL)

The thing that sticks out to me the most is just how easily he seems to through TD passes. He already has 8 in 3 games, that's on pace to hit 42 TDs this year ... Now I don't think (or expect) him to throw for that many TDs this year, HOWEVER I could see Marcus making a run at the record for most TDs in a rookie season. Peyton Manning currently holds that record with 26 passing TDs in his rookie year.

Also, he is on pace to throw for over 4400 yards this year ... again, I don't think he will end up with that many (nor do I expect him to), but I see no reason why he shouldn't be in the 3750+ range by seasons end.

We haven't had this type of success throwing the ball from a Veteran QB for a long time ... much less coming from a rook.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mariota and all these wild records no one will ever remember, guess it beats him not setting records...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Thaddeus43

I think the most passing yards by a rookie in franchise history has some significance to it ... I really have my eyes set on that Peyton manning record though.

What was that record that the Mett fans hung their hats on all offseason? Most passing yards by a rookie on a Monday night in Titans/Oilers history ... that is way more insignificant than all of Mariota's records lol

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm ready for "Mariota the Winner"

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's reason for optimism but, again, only three games against some pretty mediocre defenses.

I'm not as high on records as I am more encouraged with his footwork in the pocket. I just think he's showing poise that isn't seen in a rookie QB.

He made some bad decisions Sunday. That's to be expected. But he seems to be learning from his mistakes.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Im ready for; "Mariota the most winningest QB in NFL history".

That may take some time but Id love to hear that come out of somebodys mouth

7. Thaddeus43

Well, he did win a game already lol ... but seriously, I'm not that worried about it. It will come.

Last year, if we would've been down 14-0 this team would have given up completely. The Colts would've blown us out ... Instead, we score 27 unanswered points to take a huge lead going into the 4th Q.

Then after everything goes wrong for us, MM leads us to a TD on a critical drive ... I just wish Whiz would've put the ball in MM's hands for that 2 pt conversion.

The signs are there, this team is on the brink. I think by mid-season we will start putting it together and really winning some games. But with a young QB, no real running game, and an average at best D, its gonna take a little time to get this thing going.

8. Thaddeus43

He is a rookie that is top 10 in literally every major category for a QB ... No one expected us to be a 10 win team this year. But the future is bright.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

When he beats mannings 26 td passes in his rookie season, people will take notice. 26? I don't believe 8MM will have to try very hard to do that one.

10. JCBRAVE

we haven't won 2 in a row is 2 years, that'll be nice to start doing again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar