Mariota naysayers, why you still naysaying?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Dec 6, 2015.

?
  1. I'm not, Mariota is the future!

93.4%
  2. I'm just trolling, I really like Mariota.

3.3%
  3. I rode Mettenbackup long and hard and pride is keeping me from joining you guys in the sun.

1.6%
  4. I legitimately think Mettenbackup is the better option and I'm a warm we didn't give him a shot.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I hated Mariota in college, why would I stop now?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm not impressed with his play, I think he will fail long-term.

1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Exactly. Really hope we nail this off season with FA and the draft. If we somehow pick up some key players and draft decent, we can easily be in the playoff hunt next year. That's one good thing about the NFL.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Hi !, Miyagi think Yoda have a goooooood chance.
    m3.jpg
    M1.jpg M2.jpg

• LOL LOL x 7
    • High Five High Five x 3
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

His naysayers aren't grading him on a rookie curve ... hell they aren't even grading him on a year 2 curve. They complain because he isn't Brady/Rodgers already. Its like they have forgotten that players can, and in fact do, improve their play over their careers.

Usually when you see a rookie QB, you look for the couple of good plays a game that make you think "Okay, the potential is there" .... That's what we all did with Mett. He would play like crap for 3.5 quarters, but he would have like 1 good drive and everyone would say "Its okay, he is just a rookie ... but did you see that 1 drive!!"

But with MM its just the opposite. He can play a completely solid game, but some people just want to focus on the 1 bad play or 1 bad drive he had ... If Mett was having an identical season to MM right now, those same naysayers would be pissing their pants in excitement.

I think its just a testament to how good MM really is though. We finally have a QB that we actually can expect things from, rather than close our eyes every time they drop back to pass.

Even when grading him on the 'Vet Curve' MM will be more productive than 1/2 of the starters in the NFL this year ... as a rookie, that is damn impressive.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

MM is this team right now. There is very little support from anyone. We are literally asking him to score 4 TDs a game in order to give us a chance to win. That is insane to ask of ANY QB. Much less a rookie. He has almost zero supporting cast.

5. meekmode

meekmode Starter

after yesterday 16 TDs & ZERO interceptions inside redzone. That's hard to do even with receivers like julio and dez.

• High Five High Five x 7
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Well Said.

7. TennesseeTom

TennesseeTom Starter

Anyone still upset or unhappy with our QB situation are just butt hurt Mett fans. Simple as that. Theres no way you can watch Mariota's play in his ROOKIE season, with a terrible staff, and not be giddy with excitement. And the narrative that MM8 can't throw deep was put to sleep on that DGB throw yesterday. 27 yards through the air, between 2 defenders. Absolute dime. And that's as long a throw as your gunna see in normal game situation. Also threw a perfect deep ball to Wright at the end of the Buffalo game, Gilmore just made a great play and picked it off. Givin time by the oline, MM8 can make all the throws.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

When we drafted Mariota I was pissed. I have supported him and hoped for success since that day though. I would never hope for a Titans player to suck just so I'm right.

I couldn't have been more wrong about Marcus and I'll gladly admit that. The kid is going to be really special and I'm so glad he is in a Titans uniform. Sure he still has things he needs to improve on but look at what he has done with the team we have around him. It's incredible. I also love how our offensive line instantly improved the day Whiz walked out the door that decision has helped save Mariota.

Mularkey even talked about this being the healthiest he has been since Week 2

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

As others, I was a strong advocate of Williams or trade. MM8 was drafted so I supposed it. He's been fantastic, a real bright spot. Last season I wanted losses at this point for the pick. Now, I want to see wins and improvement/growth. What he's done with this roster is impressive.

If RW is here next year and has a good FA/draft, next year could be pretty exciting.

If Jeffrey hits FA, you back up the Brinks truck. Fix the OL however you can, take CB with our high first and add depth with the rest of the pics. I hate going into week 14 having to look forward to next season, but next season could be damn good. I'm confident MM8 is the guy who'll put in the time during the off-season to improve.

10. JBC

JBC Starter

I don't see the Bears letting Jeffrey out the door. They already traded Marshall away. They don't know what they have yet in White. Even if White is as good as expected, why wouldn't they try to keep them both? I do hope the Titans address the glaring needs by draft or free agency. We should get a high pick. I think they should go with the top rated player on their board at one of the needed positions instead of making a particular position a priority over the others. #1 wide receivers don't come available in free agency. Will either have to trade for one or draft one. There is no doubt that the Qb position is no longer a need. Well worth suffering through a 2 and 14 season to shore up that spot.

#40 JBC, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar