Mariota best start for a rookie debut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Heard on the Red Zone channel :

Their research team were tying to find a better start to a season for a rookie QB debut and it was 1960 Fran Tarkenton threw 4 TDs in a game.

Mariota already matched that in the first half alone.

We may be witnessing the best start for by a rookie QB debut in the HISTORY of football. Period.

:popcorn:

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Didn't Cam do something similar?

3. alpreb

alpreb Starter

I think he broke the "most passing yards over two games" which held for a whole day when Tom Brady took that records iirc.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Orygun Dux

Orygun Dux Special Teams Standout

Greetings from Portland Oregon: (my first post) The Titans have won over another Pacific Northwestern convert. Until today I haven't watched an NFL game in years. Mariota is the real deal and everyone who closely watched his college career knew it. We're all laughing out here at the NFL "experts." Mariota is too nice, not accurate enough, doesn't have the arm strength, succeeds in a gimmick offense and it can't translate to the NFL level. MORIOTA IS A FREAK.

I know it's just one game but thousands of people out here are watching it. I'm amazed but not totally shocked because I've watched this kid for so long.

Along with my favorite cheer: "Go Ducks," I have added: "Go Titans." You've won me over and untold thousands more out here. Titan Nation has spread to the Pacific Northwest--BIG TIME.

Glad to be aboard and glad to be a newfound Titans fan.

• High Five High Five x 21
    • Cheers Cheers x 8
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Marcus Mariota had one of the best QB debuts in NFL history - SBNation.com

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

nice

7. SRW293

SRW293 Starter

Welcome to the Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Idk how many people this took by surprise, but this is about what I expected TBH. Would have liked to see more yards, but when you beat the life out of the other team you tend to get a break in the final minutes...

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

If we woulda kept going easily 400 yards.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Was really amazing to watch today.

But we were 1-0 last year and the Bucs suck real bad. After all they were worse than us last year, haven't won a home game since 2013.

I am starting to buy into Mariota "the next Aaron Rodgers" hype. Of course we know 17% of this forum thinks VY is better than Aaron Rodgers.

• LOL LOL x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar