Marion Barber

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

We definitely need a change of pace back. I just don't think Barber is that guy. I've seen a lot of cowboys games unfortunately (bc I live in Austin) and although I root against them, I can objectively say that he's not what he used to be. I'd rather go for Tolbert or somebody else younger. Maybe we can trade Tampa for Blount. :brow:

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

apparently the word "depth" was lost on some

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Tolbert or Michael Bush, I'd even Willis Mcgahee I'd rather take over Barber.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Tell me a team that is truly 3 deep at RB, and how they are better because of it. It's one of the least important, and most easily replaceable positions in the entire league right now. We can draft someone in the 6th round better than Barber, who has more upside and less baggage. It would be a stupid move regardless of "depth".

5. wg53

wg53 Starter

We hardly ever had a #3 during the Eddie George days.

And no, depth was not lost on anyone.

Sorry that I don't think the Titans should go out and pickup whatever name pops up just because they were released.

It is more important to have someone useful for special teams than to have a deactivated #3 RB.

Having a #3 RB who is inactive is not having depth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

You nitpicked an irrelevant flaw and got a boner. It should have been obvious my point was Blount would have never played as long as he was associated with us...maybe you just didn't get the point so you ignored it.

And since you do now, pure speculation? Rubbish. You have to be fool to think otherwise. Ringer had no reason to lose carries.

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

Are you retarded or something? I've already stated that Blount would have likely been deactivated on game day. But I don't phrase it in absolutes. If he had made the roster maybe he beats out ringer as the season progresses or maybe they don't deactivate him so they could have a power back ready. We'll never know at this point.

I didn't nitpick anything irrelevant. You said they were going to put him on the PS and not cut him and I pointed out that it doesn't work like that.

8. GeronimoJackson

No, are you? It's an irrelevant blunder because he would have never had a chance, that doesn't change. Sure, technically, you can call it speculation, but if you can't put it together and still want to call it pure speculation, then I don't know what to tell you except good luck with the complex stuff in life... beat out Ringer? Ringer got like 50 carries and he played well. There just weren't many opportunities for Blount to even beat out Ringer even if he did suit up.

9. GeronimoJackson

You get a lot of Giants games, don't you? :brow:

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If you think Jones' 3.7 yards a carry somehow paved the way for Charles great season you are crazy. They just don't think or didn't think when the season started that Charles could handle a full time load of carries. If they thought that Charles should have gotten 2/3 of the carries he was the better back. I guess soemthing could be said about Charles always being fresh but that has nothing to do with a change of pace.

Makes no sense a guy who averaged 3.7 is the reason another guy averaged 6.4? Come on.

No he is not he's just an older back who is slowing down while Charles is at the top of his game. Any back could have done what Jones did behind that line. Ringer certainly could have done as well or better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar