Marion Barber

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

If had for cheap, I'm all for it. We need a complimentary back. Despite what many say about Lendale, the guy was extremely productive (he scored TD's).

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Signing Marion Barber means what for Javon Ringer? Would Ringer fall to the third spot or would he stay on as our No. 2? I don't think at this stage in Marion Barber's career that he'd be any kind of upgrade from Ringer. So for me, it's a pass on trying to obtain the services of Barber.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'll say this...

If you're not planning on using Ringer, don't keep him on the roster. Give the guy his shot, if not, let him go and find someone else. Fisher has really screwed some things up in our offense...(not using Ringer, D. Williams and Cook enough). I hope we can find a complimentary back to CJ because running him into the ground will come back to bite us in the end. If every other NFL team can have a 2nd RB that can be just as productive as the primary back, I don't see why we can't.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've always been a huge fan of this guy. And we clearly need a power type back to compliment CJ. However, I think I'd rather draft/sign a guy with less mileage. True he's only been in the league 6 years and only has a little over 1000 carries. But with the way he runs the ball I bet it feels more like 2500-3000 carries. His YPC dropped off considerably last year. I fear he is about done. Still, I wouldn't be mad if we grabbed him on the cheap. But that would involve the Cowboys cutting him as he is due $4.25 mill next season.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Chris Johnson backing up Marion barber?

[​IMG]

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I like Ringer but he's not a very good change of pace back. Barber has a totally different running style from CJ's. Ringer is just short and kinda shifty. Isn't powerful, isn't a burner. Barber isn't a burner either, but he can still power through people.

I think his production dropped off due to all the pressure he had in Dallas. He was their guy and then they went and drafted Jones and even gave Choice a lot of his carries. I'd sign Barber to be our #2 back. I don't really care what happens to Ringer after that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

Barber is on the descent down from being good, Ringer is on the rise. One is already on the team, the other will go to the highest bidder. We don't win FA over in TN, there's no attraction. New coach, no QB. Who in their right mind would pick TN of all possible places? If I wasn't in love with this team I sure as hell wouldn't.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Ringer isn't anything special. How many tackles have you seen him break? Anybody can run in the open field or when there's a huge whole in the line. The good backs break tackles and do things they aren't supposed to do.

10. JCBRAVE

Oh believe me, I'm not Ringers biggest fan, not by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't see trying to sign Barber, a 5'11" 215lb guy who runs like he's 6'3" 235lbs as being a smart decision. We all know the shelf life on RB's is short, especially one who runs like he does. He's wearing down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar