Mario signs with Buffalo

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oceanic815, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I love how all of you are assuming we would've got Mario anyway. He was going to the highest bidder. Why else would he choose Buffalo of all places? And how many times in our history have we been anywhere CLOSE to the highest bidder for the #1 free agent?

And don't say Manning. The huge difference there is that he's not going to be the highest paid player at his position. And he plays BY FAR the most important position on the field.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am not even going to argue with people assuming we lost Mario until his numbers are public. If they are anywhere near what I am thinking they are, we did not "lose" anything.

Like I said earlier, expect Megatron numbers.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You guys can stop your crying.

Truth is- if we wanted Mario that bad we would have brought him in.

But... maybe our FO knows the truth about Mario Williams.

And the truth is... He's not an immediate impact guy.

We can get a better DE in the draft that's WAY cheaper.

Overpaying Mario Williams is pointless, so get over it. It's why a team like Buffalo did so. Do you really want to make the same moves the BILLS do? C'mon...

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Can we stop with the "if we wanted him we would have brought him in" argument?

We were going to. Our lovely owner punched everyone in the nuts and made us shift focus. I know you guys have been reading the links as well.

For better or worse, we will now get Manning and we get to argue all season long like we did with VY.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, our damned owner!! Damned him for wanting us to get an immediate impact player that could actually transform the team instead of some overrated DE that hasn't done much of anything to live up to his hype.

A defensive player that his former team was apparently better without him being on the field. A defensive player that didn't do anything to make his team's D any good.

Sorry, but you Mario Williams fans crack me up. He's practically a bust, and you guys are pissed that we spent our time going after the best to ever play QB?... You can't be serious.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

MW is worth every penny he got. In retrospect, Deuce...your argument of "he's not an immediate impact player" is DEEPLY flawed...

When the only good players on your D-line are second year, third year players (Casey, Klug and Morgan)...you need a spark. You can't get every spark in the draft, either.

So what would YOU do?

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

He's already playing with The Titans. And the minds of their fans.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's supposedly 6 year/$100mil.

Who was it here who called me an idiot for saying we would need to offer him a 7 year/$105mil deal?

Show yourself. I pretty much nailed it... That contract would've definitely worked for him here since we have no income tax.

I'm glad we ended up not getting him though, honestly. Peyton, sign with us already!!!

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Bud was not going to pay Williams that, he was never close to being ours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar