Mario signs with Buffalo

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oceanic815, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

so we gave up the chance to get a pro-bowl de that is still fairly young and while some say is coming off an injury but i believe it was pectoral injury and the chance to improve our biggest need from the previous year so that we can sign an old qb that is coming off multiple neck surgeries and when we already have 2 capable starting qb's on our team all because of our owner....bud must just want to take over for al in making dumb decisions

although it would of cost us a ton i believe mario would of been worth it over the span of his career here but now we will have to wait and see if manning signs with us and we made the right choice or not...

the only thing that has me happy about being a titan fan right now it the signing of hutch....

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not worth paying a mega contract to a guy who hasn't had double digit sacks in 3 years.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Agreed. I mean, Abraham (who we are going to look at) has had 23 sacks the last two years, and will cost a fraction of the money Mario got.

I wanted Mario, too. I think he's a really good player. But I just can't imagine that we would have ever given him $100 million over 6 years.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Honestly, I think I prefer Abraham over Williams...but only slightly more. It's hard to argue against his stats (even though 3 sacks came from one Jaguars game). That is a lot of production...production that is sorely missed on our defense.

If he doesn't demand 12M/year, let's get it done. I wouldn't pay him any more than 8M/year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar