Mario Kart (Wii)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh well there you go Gloat. 5 kids have a gamecube so that translates to it still being used.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I laugh at everyone with a gamecube! HA! The wii will be the same way. They'll be in closets here in a year or 2 and we'll wonder why people ever bought them when 2 other consoles were way better.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gloat, two of my former roommates have gamecubes and still use them. They've had them for at least 5 or six years. I know several other people who have them and got a LOT of use out of them. Just because you don't doesn't mean that "no one" does. I don't really know where or how to look up how many gamecubes sold over it's run, or how many gamecube games are still being sold, but I'm certainly not going to make broad general statements about what everyone does/has doesn't have.

Gunny, did you really type that last post above? It's a complete 180 from the rest of your arguments with me. This entire thread was you saying that nintendo was suckering consumers into buying accessories, and that that was a reason why you don't like it. Now you make a direct comparison to a PS3 game bundled with an accessory and argue that they're the same? Wait, what was your point again? I think you've gotten turned around...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The game and accessory are the same concept. In other words they both come with a game and a peripheral. They both cost a little more than a normal PS3/Wii game.

The point I was making was to Puck who said the WiiGun and game was brilliant but the GunCon and Time Crisis 4 was crappy despite being the same thing.

5. GoTitans3801

I get the point that you were making with Puck. The problem is that that point (that they are the same), contradicts your earlier arguments that Wii was the company ripping people off.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How does it? It's completely irrelevant to cost.

I'm not referring to either of them being rip offs, I was talking about the concept of it. How can one be great, and the other suck?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sweet. Hey, tell them I have a BetaMax player and some 8-Tracks for sale if they're looking for some high tech fun!

8. GoTitans3801

Feel free to move on to another point, but quit making assumptions about things just because of your own personal feelings.

If you can't recognize the value of a gaming system that can keep the interest of people even after "better" systems come out, that's fine. Just don't try to argue that "no one" does it.

9. GoTitans3801

Oh Gunny, you actually started all this by referring to the Wii peripherals as suckering in consumers...

"Nintendo have really suckered in consumers. Extra peripherals makes it just as expensive as the 360/PS3"

If that means something different than you considering the peripherals to be rip offs, then you need to be clearer.

The responses that everyone has made have shown that peripherals exist for all three systems. Now you're saying that they're the same. That's fine, but it completely derails your original point. People aren't being suckered in any more by Nintendo than by the other two, and the Wii is still far cheaper than the 360 or PS3.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We are on two totally separate points. I am only referring to a point Puck made.

I generally think that the Wii has way to many peripherals, there are what? 7 or so. Granted you don't have to purchase them but none the less they are there 'to make the experience better', like the GunCon is for Time Crisis 4, you can still use a controller but it just isn't the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar