Mario Kart (Wii)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You aren't a sucker if you enjoy it enough for it to be worth your money.
  2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

so I got to play this game the other day.

verdict - fun game, but the wheel blows
  3. GoTitans3801

I'm liking the wheel more now that I've played with it a bit. It definitely changes the game by changing the way you play it. But I think in the long run I like it.
  4. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

No, of course not. But this cheapest gaming system stuff is ridiculous. They are releasing a Wii-sabre for Star Wars - Force Unleashed I believe.
  5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I own both a 360 and Wii and I can say that peripherals have become a pain in the royal keister - i feel like buying that crap is the next closest thing to burning your hard earned money

however, I can proudly say the only thing I've bought is a headset for the 360
  6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the Wii wheel (or the WiiL) comes with the game
    nobody got suckered into buying a free included peripheral

fwiw, the wheel is not necessary
    all one has to do is hold the WiiMote sideways for the same effect
  7. GoTitans3801

I was surprised, but it actually is easier to play with the wheel as opposed to just holding the controller without it. I think it's because you can more naturally tell how hard you're turning. I'm still adjusting to the new control, but I've been surprised to discover that I like the wheel.
  8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I also have mario kart.

The only money I have spent on the wii is

a) an extra wiimote (20€)
    b) money for games

I have quite a few games, and still havent reached ps3 price level... and I still play a lot with a LOT of people...

And still dont feel the need of a blueray player...

Gunny, its ok if you like the ps3 more than the wii, but dont try to bring it down making things up.

I bought it because I played at someones house and found it fun and participative.

I used to own a master system 1st, a megadrive 2nd, a psone, I never got the n64 but liked it nor the gamecube.

A year before, someone bought me a PS2, which I found couldn´t do nothing my pc already could with two usb game pads... so I turned it back at the store. Same feeling with the PS3. Nothing a PC with a great graphic card can´t do.

it obvious wii is winning that battle.

Mario is a) Fun b) A quality seal c) A whore... like any other videogame popular character... for example, homer simpson.

This *******s squeeze well their oranges for juice, but is up to us wheter or not to buy it.
  9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Xbox - big clunky controller at launch / s-controller releases later

360- separate $100 add on for wireless / $200 hd-dvd add on / stock wirelss controllers non-rechargeable - 120gbHDD a ridiculous $179

Sony is about to get consumers with the DualShock3 for like $50 a pop, when it should have been the launch controller instead of the SixAxis (which I haven't liked for any games that use it (Lair / Folklore / Motorstorm)

I'm going to hand it to Sony for assisting the masses though
    - PSN is a free service / wireless b/g is built in
    (Xbox Live requires an annual fee and either a hard-wired connection or optional wireless extender)
    -the Ps3 is updated quite regularly, and the latest BluRay updates available to owners makes it a better unit than Sony's stand alone players
    +1 for wireless LAN BluRay firmware updates
    +1 for support of aftermarket HDD

Nintendo's peripherals are really nothing but shells
    the tennis rackt/golf club/baseball bat/wheel/shotgun cradle/crossbow/etc... are just holder for the WiiMote ..... then again, they're not very expensive (the Crossbow is like $15 and comes with a game) and the Wheel is included with KArt
    where they're gonna get people is on the Balance Board, but even at $90, you're getting the unit plus the software, and there are games that are already scheduled for release that will use the Board, so it'll get more use with other games (skate/ ski/ dance)
    same thing goes for the wheel, it can be used with driving/ flight/ wave/ etc.. titles
  10. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Is the balance board the same as the wiifit board?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.