Mario Kart (Wii)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You aren't a sucker if you enjoy it enough for it to be worth your money.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

so I got to play this game the other day.

verdict - fun game, but the wheel blows

3. GoTitans3801

I'm liking the wheel more now that I've played with it a bit. It definitely changes the game by changing the way you play it. But I think in the long run I like it.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, of course not. But this cheapest gaming system stuff is ridiculous. They are releasing a Wii-sabre for Star Wars - Force Unleashed I believe.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I own both a 360 and Wii and I can say that peripherals have become a pain in the royal keister - i feel like buying that crap is the next closest thing to burning your hard earned money

however, I can proudly say the only thing I've bought is a headset for the 360

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the Wii wheel (or the WiiL) comes with the game
    nobody got suckered into buying a free included peripheral

fwiw, the wheel is not necessary
    all one has to do is hold the WiiMote sideways for the same effect

7. GoTitans3801

I was surprised, but it actually is easier to play with the wheel as opposed to just holding the controller without it. I think it's because you can more naturally tell how hard you're turning. I'm still adjusting to the new control, but I've been surprised to discover that I like the wheel.

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I also have mario kart.

The only money I have spent on the wii is

a) an extra wiimote (20€)
    b) money for games

I have quite a few games, and still havent reached ps3 price level... and I still play a lot with a LOT of people...

And still dont feel the need of a blueray player...

Gunny, its ok if you like the ps3 more than the wii, but dont try to bring it down making things up.

I bought it because I played at someones house and found it fun and participative.

I used to own a master system 1st, a megadrive 2nd, a psone, I never got the n64 but liked it nor the gamecube.

A year before, someone bought me a PS2, which I found couldn´t do nothing my pc already could with two usb game pads... so I turned it back at the store. Same feeling with the PS3. Nothing a PC with a great graphic card can´t do.

it obvious wii is winning that battle.

Mario is a) Fun b) A quality seal c) A whore... like any other videogame popular character... for example, homer simpson.

This *******s squeeze well their oranges for juice, but is up to us wheter or not to buy it.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Xbox - big clunky controller at launch / s-controller releases later

360- separate $100 add on for wireless / $200 hd-dvd add on / stock wirelss controllers non-rechargeable - 120gbHDD a ridiculous $179

Sony is about to get consumers with the DualShock3 for like $50 a pop, when it should have been the launch controller instead of the SixAxis (which I haven't liked for any games that use it (Lair / Folklore / Motorstorm)

I'm going to hand it to Sony for assisting the masses though
    - PSN is a free service / wireless b/g is built in
    (Xbox Live requires an annual fee and either a hard-wired connection or optional wireless extender)
    -the Ps3 is updated quite regularly, and the latest BluRay updates available to owners makes it a better unit than Sony's stand alone players
    +1 for wireless LAN BluRay firmware updates
    +1 for support of aftermarket HDD

Nintendo's peripherals are really nothing but shells
    the tennis rackt/golf club/baseball bat/wheel/shotgun cradle/crossbow/etc... are just holder for the WiiMote ..... then again, they're not very expensive (the Crossbow is like $15 and comes with a game) and the Wheel is included with KArt
    where they're gonna get people is on the Balance Board, but even at $90, you're getting the unit plus the software, and there are games that are already scheduled for release that will use the Board, so it'll get more use with other games (skate/ ski/ dance)
    same thing goes for the wheel, it can be used with driving/ flight/ wave/ etc.. titles

10. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Is the balance board the same as the wiifit board?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar