Mario is waiting for Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't see The Titans ever paying making Mario Williams top position money..
    If we don't sign Manning there's always Garrard.. :-I

2. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

no other team had a shot at mario, he hasn't left buffalo since tuesday. the bills weren't letting him leave without his signature on a contract

i also don't believe mario is worth anywhere near what the bills are gonna be paying him

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nope.

Mario isn't that great.

Wont be worth the price tag for his minimal impact.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Peyton is way better than Hasselbeck. Period. End of the story! He will take us deep into the playoffs. Come on people! Mario Williams has not had one year where he led the nfl in sacks. In 2008, he was 1.5 sacks away from leading the league but no other year was he within 5 sacks. It's ridiculous to pay him like he's the best! Peyton is the best! Year after year he has proven this to be true. Every one of my friends who cheer for other teams believe we will be contenders immediately, including myself.

We will control the clock with a stud offensive line and CJ. Peyton will convert 3rd and shorts all day long. Our defense will be well rested and not on the field constantly as they were this past season with Hasselbeck. Wake up people and smell the roses because they smell freaking good!

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

....and the rationalizations begin.....

Whatever. I will just let you all get it out of your system.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Uh-huh....whatever.

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

NFL Network is reporting that Mario is just about to sign with the Bills.

8. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Mario Williams doesn't instantly make your defense a juggernaut, just ask Houston.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Houston sucked on defense for 5 of the 6 years Mario was there and the one year they had a real good defense Mario missed 11 games with injury. He has had 8.5, 9.5 and 5 sacks the last three years. Reality is I think he would be less of an impact on the team winning than manning and it isn't even close and even without Manning we are better off spending our money on multiple needs and using the draft to bolster our defense.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Morgan (yea yea, jury is still out, but we need impact this season, not 3 seasons from now), William Hayess, Jacod Ford, The ever so famous LaBoy/Odem year (and we threw in Bo Schobel as well)

Just saying. Hopefully our current team has more luck. We need IMMEDIATE improvement in the pass rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar