Mario is waiting for Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So if our FO is worried about Manning after he retires, why not just make up a new job for him to fill?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Even the strongest of Manning supporters would have to admit that it's not a good situation to have an owner at odds with all the people he's hired to run the team.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think that's the issue.

I think the front office's issue is that this wasn't in their plan. They wanted to draft their QB, develop him and let him sink or swim.

Think about what has gone down in the last 12 months. New coaching staff, new GM, two new QBs, brand new offense and brand new defense.

The defense we're trying to employ doesn't compliment Manning's style of play. We should have a smaller defense to rush the passer to go with Manning's flurry of points. We've gone to a bigger defense to stop the run.

We're going to totally scrap the offense we've spent the last year installing to cater to Manning(an offense that Jared Cook and Nate Washington had career years in). Jake Locker now has to learn his second offense in two years. Do we go with this new Peyton offense when he moves on when we start Locker or do we go to a Locker offense?

It's a total cluster**** right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is amusing, Bills CB Drayton Florence is saying there's an 80% chance Mario signs with the Bills today. Didn't the Broncos say something similar about Manning? LOL

If we miss out on Mario and Peyton goes with Denver, I'm going to be pisssssed!

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

They are not going to let Mario leave without signing....

6. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

done, mario signed with buffalo according to rotoworld

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Schefter too. :sad2:

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I am not sure if Mario is the right guy for us anyway. Seems expensive for average prodution.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's now Manning or nothing. If the Titans don't sign him and this flirtation period caused them to also miss out on Williams, there are going to be a lot of upset people around here.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Well I guess we now have an example of who we lost in the Peyton sweepstakes for Sawdust....just trying to find a silver lining here.

Drat....this blows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar