Mariani at WR?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Salsa? Where?

2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Well, you think perhaps the reason Mariani has done jack as a WR his first year may have to do something with the coaches we had last year?

Our coaches were known for 1. not wanting to play rookies, and 2. not using WR's to their full extent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

lets try to keep the thread on the topic and not on whatever RT has for his pic and sig...
    i agree with Bean, Fisher was known to be stubborn whenever there was a change in the lineup.... heck it took a lot out of Britt to get him in the starting role...

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mariani has the best hands on the team, he'll find the field, don't anybody worry about that kid not playing WR, he will. All you have to do is see him practice, he's really good.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Mariani is the white Wes Welker :p

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No 7th rd Wrs hardly ever play much for any team as rookies.

We have a seen a lot of rookies getting playing time over the past several years if you paid attention. Britt played a lot as a rookie and Cj gained over 1300 yards as a rookie. Griffen started every game in 2007 as a rookie and Finnegan was our NB as a rookie.

I guess the fact that one of the Wrs playing ahead of Mariani in the depth chart was also a rookie last year never hit home to you either?

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

didn't see mariani in the video from the mock game... anyone know how he did as a WR or if he even played?

8. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

I'll believe it when I see it. Also I think we should be a bit more patient with the guy. I like Mariani, but think about how long it took Welker to really become a focal point of an offense and to be a good slot receiver. Welker had 29 receptions his second year and 67 his third. Then all of a sudden Tom Brady starts throwing him the ball and here we are. And I mean sure, Locker might be the next Tom Brady but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I hope he gets a chance to compete, but I'd rather see Washington or DWill in the slot.

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Ok I'm not gonna go with the same lame comments about mariani like I usually do.But come on people lets get real Marc mariani is a Donnie Nickey on offense and its pretty sad to see fan's hoping for crappy players like him to do good., I love Hawk but I know that its a long shot for him to do good same with Marc Mariani same with ealy Edison and other WR's who did GOOD in PRACTICE but did nothing on the field.

Also D.Willians AND Hawk clearly deserve more playing time then Mariani they both have played well in games.Yes I do hate mariani but I'm not that dumb I rather play Mariani at WR then Justin Gage or Nate sometimes.Botton line MM is David Carr a good special team's guy and that's it nothing more.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I like to to think of Mariani as the Titans "Austin Collie".....minus the concussions of course :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar