Marcus Randall to OLB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I found the little tidbit on Randall playing some LB really interesting in the Tennessean today. I would have thought that he'd gotten work exclusively at SS with Tank gone. Does it mean they feel Thompson can convert to SS easily or that the Randall at S experiment was a bust?
  2. danny

danny Guest

They've said they want more speed and athletic ability at linebacker. Randall does give you speed and athletic ability. Why not ????????
  3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Who knows where he was better suited, but I thought the best hope for him to make the final 53 was as backup SS beating out Nickey and the other dude that's been hurt a lot (#40?).
  4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

hes not big enough to play LB... he wouldnt get alot of playing time either
  5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I was trying to figure out what Jeff was talking about, cuz I didnt see that in the paper this morning. Turns out it got cut from the print edition, but its at the end of the story online.
  6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There's several 220 lb LB's, but it's on the small side. Who knows, maybe he has a good frame to put on more weight (muscle).

With Boiman gone and Sirmon a potential goner, maybe his chances are there for a backup LB/mostly ST's guy. He seemed to make some plays on ST's last year, and he's a good athlete. I'm interested in seeing how things go on his 2nd position change.
  7. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Cato June was a safety before becoming a LB.
  8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

As was Urlacher.....maybe we got a Pro Bowler on our hands :brow:
  9. Nine

Nine Starter

Dang it...I always wanted to see Tank at LB, and now he's gone.

In light of this, I wonder if perhaps the coaching staff approached him about making the switch, but he preferred to go elsewhere and stay at safety?
  10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Have you seen Marcus up close and in person? Dude is as big as Keith and seems to be putting on more muscle. He's looking pretty good....:brow:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.