Marcus Monk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ubiq, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Yes, he was waived by the Bears. That says a lot about his skill-set, or the lack thereof.

Considering how poor our WRs have looked, anyone think there's a chance we give him a shot? We've been pretty good at scooping up Chicago's trash and making a little something out of it in the past few years. He can't be any worse than Paul or Davis(s) can he?

Note: FWIW, I read an article where our scouts were trying hard to get him as an UDFA, but the Bears picked him at the very end.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/08/bears_waive_draft_pick_monk_th.html

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well we've got some of our "better" WR's from Da Bears, so why not? Maybe Moose Muhamid was on to something with his comments.

I thought he would have been drafted higher than he went, he was very good up until his injury his Sr season. I'd really like to see him get a chance, but will he even get on the field enough to out play someone else?

3. When we start going through the UDFA rejects who couldn't even make it through the first cuts, then I'll be worried...

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If he couldn't beat out Marty Booker for a job then I'll pass.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

We could bring in for a workout. That would be OK. Maybe he makes the PS.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I liked him in college and watched him alot in SEC play. As an NFL WR I don't know. I thought he was a poor man's Keenan Burton. He might be a nice pickup and could bring him in and see what he can do.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

especially when they're rejected by the Bears

seriously, there's only one team with a passing offense as suck as ours and that's Chicago

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We're not talking about a #1 here. We're talking about a guy who could maybe compete against Ealy/Williams/whoever for one of the last spots. Really may not amount to much, but his potential seemed high and the Bears just seem to not know what to do with WR's.

9. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

Marty Booker is better than any receiver we have with maybe the exception of Justin Gage. Which obviously isn't saying much.

Marcus Monk = Mike Williams....only not as good in college.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I could not agree with the nation of vols more!!!!!! Nice post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar