Marcus McCauley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

IF we find orselves @ 30 instead of 19, then guys like Carriker and possibly both Revis and Houston should be off the board ...... which would have you staring down at least 3 WR's

McCauley had a poor senior year and that should drop him into the 2nd
    if Jones is going to miss more than 6 games, I think we need to give CB a higher priority ... if it's only 4 then I think we can approach the draft as is and just swing it with Harper and Finnegan / Hill

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like him in the second..

Gut doesn't think he is worth that.

His workouts are first rate. He had one of the fastest 10 yard times ever. All his other times are very good at least. certainly has that size we are all looking for. Did not have a good senior bowl experience other wise he would be a top 25 pick.

A little like denard walker to me. In a good way..

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

IDK about this guy. If he has everything needed to be a good CB then why does he get benched playing against medoicre WAC receivers. Thats scares me a bit. How could he play so bad to get benched on an already bad team. I like everything but his production and in the end production is everything even if your a 5'7 165 lbs. CB if you have better games and production than that 6'1 200 lbs CB that has it all but on field production I'm gonna play the overacheiving CB whose 5'7.

You play the better guy and he obviously wasn't it.

4. yea, numbers arent everything...

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Andre Woolfolk. 'Nuff said, True Believer.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Sorry but I don't want a bench player from College. If you get benched as a senior theres something wrong........you either have no desire or don't play up to your potential.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The andre woolfolk comparison..

We can say that about any big, fast prospect that we run into. Let's remember that woolfolk was a converted WR at oklahoma. As a WR you know where you run, a prescribed route. As a corner you have to be able to physically adjust to what the WR is doing. Woolfolk was never able to make that transition. I believe the titans and most teams that liked woolfolk saw his experience as a Wr as postive. The fact he had good hands and could adjust to the football made scouts think he could get a lot of ints but as we know as a CB he has a hell of a time locating and keeping up with quick WRs.

At least macauley and almost all the other higher ranked CB prospects played that position their whole college careers.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tall fast CBs not rare in this draft..

Bennett, 6'1, 195, 4.46, projected 2-3

Coe, 6'05, 190, 4.50, projected 2-3

Bain, 6'0, 182, 4.43, projected 3-4(might be moving up)

Scott, 6'1, 179, 4.39, 3-4

Arline, 6'15, 199, 4.43, 3-4

brown, 6'15, 200, 4.40, 4-5

Graham, 6'0, 195, 4.40, 6-7

As we sit now we have 2 4th rd picks and 3 6th rd picks. I think that bain, scott and arline are great value in rd 4 and brown in rd 5 and graham in rd 7. We have done fairly well drafting corners late and this is one position you can get good players in the mid rds or even later. Nick harper wasn't drafted at all, jason david was a 4th rd pick and both of those guys played ahead of 1st and second rd picks for the colts. The bears got nathan vasher in the 4th.

9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I really like McCauley personally (something to do with me living a couple blocks from campus). He had a bad year this year, not only his fault, but it was partially. The Fresno State team this year was so bad, our coach Pat Hill ripped the logo's off the helmet. We lost our best center in Kyle Young and we had no QB. Our offense was all Dwayne Wright, Paul Williams was hurt.

With that said he's a better CB than Richard Marshall, in my opinion. Nothing the Dogs did this year worked. The offense had more turnovers than touchdowns with a carousel of inexperienced QB's. Everyone knows what happens when your defense is on the field too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar