Marcus Mariota is Named AFC Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ya'll forgetting Winston?

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

No. Right now he is on pace to finish with less yards and less TDs than MM ... and that is with playing 2 more games.

If MM doesn't win (assuming everyone keeps the same pace) ... then no QB will win.

3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I'm surprised MM got it. Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome and well deserved but I thought for sure Antonio Brown was gonna get it. That man balled out of his mind against the Raiders Sunday.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not about the stats though. Also, he has more wins.

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

MM is just more popular. Bad for the rest of the league, good for us!

6. Thaddeus43

He has 1 more win ... and TB started winning while relying more on the running game and less on Winston.

Not saying thats a bad thing for TB ... That is a good way to bring along a young QB. But both of our wins came on the arm of MM. I think people will look at that when considering ROTY

7. Thaddeus43

MM has had his up and down games for sure ... but when he is up, man he is on FIRE. Winston has played solid, but not really had the games like MM has had yet.

I think when people look at a rookie QB, they understand that the bad is part of being a rookie, and are generally willing to accept it. But you also want to see the flashes of greatness. The thinking is generally as they mature, they will have less of the rookie mistake and more of the flashes.

8. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

He has a solid game against Carolina and wins, he's gonna catapult over Gurly for the time being. Whole lotta heads are gonna turn in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

They're both absolute beasts. The interesting thing here is we know who Fish would have took if he was still here.

#29 SuperMariota, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

If he had solid peotection all 6 games not sure he would have had a down game.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar