Training Camp Marc Mariani making a good impression at receiver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans Coach Mike Munchak spent Monday’s practice session against the Falcons watching his team’s offense, and a few things stood out to him.

He liked the way his quarterbacks – Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker – competed. Both had their moments of good and bad.

He liked what he saw in running back Chris Johnson. Johnson looked quick, and was decisive, Munchak said.

The head coach also singled out receiver Marc Mariani.

“I thought some guys made some big-time catches,’’ Munchak said. “Mariani made some big plays. He got open and got off the ball well. You see guys starting to step up a little bit.”

At the end of June, Munchak also complimented Mariani for his improvement as a receiver.

Mariani, in his third NFL season, has had a good training camp. And he had a good day against the Falcons on Monday.

Mariani made a handful of catches in team drills against the Falcons secondary, and he also had a pair of nice grabs in 7-on-7.

“I think we did a lot of good things,’’ Mariani said afterward. “Especially in the receiver room, we were playing with speed and confidence. I think we had a pretty good day.”

A seventh round draft pick in 2010, Mariani hopes his improvement will pay off this fall.

Mariani’s abilities as a return man will make him a valuable commodity. He’s beginning to prove to those in the organization he could also help at receiver following a year when he had just five catches for 24 yards.

“There was a time where I put so much pressure on myself, it wasn’t clicking as well as it should,’’ Mariani said. “I am just out here having fun. I am trying to get better every day and do all those things, but I am just having fun and trying to play fast and trying to play with confidence.

“I’ll make little mistakes here and there, but I am trying make plays. My goal is to be here on Sundays and making an impact and that is what I am working for.”

Source: Titans Insider

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SlickFraud

SlickFraud Camp Fodder

Good to hear

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I was sitting next to annoying Panthers fan on Friday that did nothing but talk crap about us. He even made fun of Mariani asking "who he was" and that he didn't look NFL worthy. I told him "he is the guy who returned a punt against you last year in the 30-3 victory" lol. He also said he couldn't stand Mike Munchak.. I had to scratch my head on that comment.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What a chode. How can you not like Munchak?

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That is what I asked him. His dumb response was "He just reminds me of Mike Tice." How he compares those 2 is beyond me.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they're both white.

he's a racist.

7. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I have always thought that Mariani could make an impact at receiver. I never understood why they didn't play him more. Glad to hear he is doing good in camp maybe another weapon for Hass or Locker to throw to.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Sooo does everyone still think Mariani is gonna be cut? :biglaugh:

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

this could be looked as good or bad...
    good that he's improvement is transitioning onto the field..
    bad as in this is the first time he's showing up at camp

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

its because up til now he could never separate from DB's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar