Manziel Vs. Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by cdubbs2121, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Titan_Terry

Titan_Terry Starter

Why do people love Jake Locker so much? Sure he seems like a stand up guy, a guy you can count on to help you move or some ****. But what has he done on the field that makes you feel like "holy **** I love what I'm seeing". I held my breath everytime Jake threw the ball further than 10 yards!

And dont give me that "flahes of greatness" bullshit, is that what you call completing a pass these days, greatness? Or is it throwing 17/30 148 yards against the Texans who have the number one pick this year?
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

That gets picked in the NFL
  3. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

What's so crazy about saying Johnny is a gunslinger? Did I say he would be as good, or did I say he was like Favre?
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

He is not the future...I've said it a million times. He just doesn't have it. Too inconsistent and inaccurate. 3 years later, and I am still nervous when he steps back in the pocket.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

This may be the worst throw I've ever seen. Seriously.

I don't want Manziel & it has 0 to do with his off the field "issues" or height. It has to do with a terribly inconsistent pocket QB and numerous bone headed decisions like this gif I quoted.
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Starter

Do you guys who dislike Manziel just make this crap up? Seriously. He completed 70% of his passes in college. 7 of 10. " terribly inconsistent pocket QB" is what you said. 63 TD's and only 22 INTs. This kid will be very good. Saying a certain pass will be intercepted in the NFL is ludicrous. You dont know that. NFL QBs throw jump balls all the time. I am not advocating the Titans selecting him, although if he is there at 11 you grab him no doubt.

THis kid is going to be very good for someone. He is a winner and a great football player. He isnt a running QB. He has a great arm and great instincts. He reads defenses and isnt another VY.
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I make my own mind up. I watched 5 games of his last night. I saw far too many bad throws in a clean pocket for my liking. Lots of underthrows. Honestly, I saw a lot of Jake Locker actually (throwing from the pocket wise).

I wouldn't draft him at 11. If we do, I believe we'd be in the same situation 3-5 years from now that we are in right now.

I think he reads defenses. I think Jake Locker reads defenses. Both probably have high football IQs. I just think both lack consistent pass accuracy.
  9. TitanMark

TitanMark Starter

Locker completed 54% of his passes in college. Just sayin......
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I think Manziel projects as a better pro than Locker. But I don't think he projects as a franchise QB.

I still have hope for Locker as he was playing good football last season. I'm not saying Manziel has no chance. But I'm leaning towards no. I wouldn't feel comfortable with the Titans drafting him.

Bortles is the better QB.