Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Many Titans Vets Won't Return in '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $0
    i hope we keep tank actually, he's showed a lot of improvment from the beginning of the year and with a full offseaon of training and health for him, we could see a pretty rock solid man @ SS next year.

Our young talent just needs to grow and stick together thats all.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,004
    hopefully we will get back the rookie version of Tank.
  2. Bobo Guest

I have a feeling that more guys may stay than lots of fans think need to go.
  3. THE53 Guest

Why don't we try to bring back Hartwig? I know we have Amano, but Hartwig is a pretty good center...
  4. Pit Bull #53 Guest

Wouldn't that put us in a tight situation money-wise? I got the impression from reading a few posts about our cap number that letting some guys go would almost be a necessity, unless they took a paycut. Maybe someone can clarify that.

Do you guys think Sirmon could be cut this offseason? I think he has a pretty decent sized cap number, and he can't seem to stay healthy. This draft is LOADED with LB talent in the first 2-3 rounds, so replacing him wouldn't be hard.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,004
    I guess it will depend on who we draft. If we draft Cutler in the 1st and a Safety in the 2nd (for example) we dont have a pick until the 4th, there may not be a good LB then, or one may drop.

who knows.
  5. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    The cap won't be a major problem this year once they get McNair's deal worked out and cut Olsen and Hopkins. They could re-sign Hartwig if he isn't too expensive.

It's possible, but I think it's more likely that they just alter his deal and keep him.
  6. Bobo Guest

Maybe they redo some contracts or resign some guys fairly cheap.
  7. Titantonic Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Bingo.
  8. wg53 Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    I hope that was sarcasm...because Hartwig is horrible. He sucks in the running game especially if you put a NT on him. I'd rather let him go and let Amano fill his spot or draft someone or get a FA pickup...Hartwig is not a good center at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.