Many Titans Scheduled to Become Free Agents Tonight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The unrestricted free agency period opens at 11 p.m. central and those Titans set to be a part of it includes Ben Troupe, Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy, Jacob Bell, Randy Starks, Ben Hartsock and Chris Brown. "We had a number of conversations with most of them down the stretch," Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said. "I think you have to realize that you can only do so much and you make a best effort and put together offers you think are fair and reasonable and at that point and time they control part of the process, too. Even now we’ll probably call every day to keep those lines of communication open."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    we should have tried more to keep him
    injured pass rusher? replaceable.
    a good guard, but with the way guards are getting paid in the last two years he isn't worth it.
    peace out homie
    wouldn't be surprised to see him come back after things settle down, although i wouldn't mind seeing jason dunn come in.
    adios amigo

i think, overall, few losses, but we haven't gotten better.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Dunn is old as dirt (by NFL standards). I'd rather see us try fairly hard to keep Hartsock. I think his role is underrated and not noticed much by most.

4. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

no surprises here. hope they still talk with odom if he stays within reason.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I would really really really like to see some of our D-line stay in Tennessee, but it seems as though Starks and Odom are gone. Odom was a good, solid player who was starting to blossom into a game-breaking defender. Hopefully, the Titans will make smart decisions in free agency and not wait until the last minute. According to ESPN, the Titans are one of the five teams to watch in the free agency. We FINALLY have a chance to do something positive with the offense and defense alike, and I hope to God that the FO will do their best to sign the best players for the jobs.

I want Crumpler, Stallworth, and maybe Javon Kearse (he will come cheap)

Draft Pick: Sweed or Manningham

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't hear many people concerned about Bell?

Is he really that replaceable?

We need a strong O-line, so I'm in favor of whatever it takes. Is Faneca still available in free agency?

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think Bell is a little above average, but with free agency the way it is now, he could get way overpaid. And if there's one position we've consistently been good at replacing, it's o-line. And we have the depth now to try out. I'd like to keep him, but it just doesn't seem likely.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

honestly, a little turnover in the interior of the o-line might not be a bad thing. both mawae and bell were pushed around last year and the only thing olson is good for at his age is getting in the way of d-linemen.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Show time!

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Show me the MONEY time....

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar