Many Starting Jobs to be Decided at Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With Titans training camp just a few weeks away, there will be a number of positions where there will be legitimate competition. Among them will be the FS spot where Lamont Thompson will have to fight off Calvin Lowry to keep his starting job. At the #2 CB position, Reynaldo Hill, Cortland Finnegan, Kelly Herndon and rookie Michael Griffin will compete to see who starts opposite Nick Harper. Many of these same players, except Hill but including Vincent Fuller, will be in the running for the nickel spot. Ryan Fowler vs. Stephen Tulloch will face off for the MLB spot. The RB and WR positions will be in the spotlight as the Titans look to replace three key players lost in free agency.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. this is old news that everyone already knows about... except for hill not going to be playing nickel

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

yup...this article didn't tell me anything i didn't already know

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

just put griffin at S, please. that's all i ask. is it so much?

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I still say Lowry will be Hope's safety partner this season.

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Chris Brown will be our starting RB with Lendale #2 Griffin will rotate around the secondary and Tulloch and Fowler will perhaps switch in and out depending on the situation! thats my opinion of it...and thompson better not be starting

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Hope and pray that Hill, Finnegan or somebody will emerge as a total stud on the outside CB position so Griffin can move to S. Not that I don't think Griffin could be a real dominate CB, because he very well might, but having two guys in the middle of the field like Griffin and Hope sure makes our defense tough.

Here is a nice video of Griffin to get your juices flowing.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U&mode=related&search=

Notice that athletic ability this guy has but that he also hits like a Mack Truck with picture perfect form tackling. I'm starting to feel better about our defense IF Thompson can stay on STs only.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

yea... I don't doubt that with some hard work, Griffin could be a good or very good corner - but with him having such a nose for the ball and being such a hitter and playmaker, I'd just like him to be roaming at safety opposite Hope... with Lowry as a very nice backup to rotate in. Seems like he could help a ton in run support - where we need the most help. I'll change my tune if he pulls down 6+ INTs, I guess - but he could do that at safety, too.

9. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

:gag: If C.Brown doesn't get hurt !!

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar