Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Manny Pacquiao has no case.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,380
    LOL what's a boxer do on his back?

The sport as a whole has different areas of concern. It's more than a standup contest.

If you really think grappling/bjj/wrestling are fails of the sport because it's "luck" you have no idea how tactical and as much of a chess match they are. It's far from oh crap I left my arm out there for dude to catch it...

Everything in bjj has rhyme and reason to it. Much like boxing has it's "science"

Btw, it's more used for self defense than an actually attacking manner. It's the anti bully system. Honorable sport that goes overlooked because the "boxing" cats deem it too huggy for them.

But your sport is dead.
    2 people high five this.
  2. World Peace n/a

Moolah:
    $3,659
    YOU ARE WRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. MMA = FAD and they will die a slow death like wrestling did in the early 2000s. Same thing different name. MMA.. i mean.. grown men rolling aroind each other will become stale and people wont wanna spend $70 on PPVs to watch that absurd stuff
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,897
    Every fact and figure about rising global MMA popularity would disagree with that sentiment.
    1 people high five this.
  3. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $81
    Tapout!!!!

[IMG]
  4. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,772
    [IMG]

<3 Charlie :D
    1 people high five this.
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,390
    And MMA isn't?

Think about it.

Pride is gone. K-1 can't even get a start in the US. UFC's ratings are not good.

It's dead in Japan. It's dead in Europe. It's dead worldwide... and it's dying in the US.

It's not a mainstream sport and never will be.

At least boxing was and will be great again.

There's no face of the UFC. Who's to make outsiders want to watch?

Brock Lesnar? lol Has he gone back to WWE yet?

Allisteroid Overeem?

There's no draw to it.

And even in the terrible state boxing is currently in? The PPVs still draw FAR more than UFC's.

Boxing is still extremely popular worldwide- while MMA is mostly an American thing now. You still have the Brazilian camps and what-not, but it's nothing major.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,390
    Oh. And let me know the day a pro wrassler wins a boxing championship, fellas.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,897
  7. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,390
    Facts from 2010?

Facts are the ratings have plummeted since then. That was UFC at it's peak.

C'mon Alex... you're better than that.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,897
    Care to show anything more current to dispute that? Or high school quips all you got?

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-ppv-data/

"The early estimates for UFC 146's pay-per-view buyrate are in, and they are reportedly (by Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer) very good. The all-heavyweight main card, headlined by Junior dos Santos vs Frank Mir, sold in the 560,000-580,000 range. This makes it the third-highest selling UFC PPV in the past year, topped only by UFC 141 (Lesnar vs Overeem - 800,000 buys) and UFC 145 (Jones vs Evans - 700,000 buys)."

3rd highest event in UFC history... yeah what a terrible ratings drop lol.