Manning's future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Its clear their string of division wins ends this year - if that was to roll into an old-school AFC East style Colts downturn I don't see how they don't at least consider cutting his salary loose and you know Peyton is not going to want to be there very long if they don't have a playoff caliber group of talent around him..

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Either way here's to Manning leaving the division sooner than later - be it thru jumping ship or simply starting to suck...

[​IMG]

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

It's amazing how many people jump off the bandwagon so to speak. I hate the Colts and all their players for being a divisional rival but to say Manning sucks or will suck from here on out is ridiculous. He is having a down year so far and this isn't necessarily due to him by himself. The offensive line has been in shambles and that trickles down to the run and passing game.

I for one would love to see the Colts in the cellar below the Cows but I doubt that happening. Manning isn't playing on par of being Peyton Manning this year but I am sure he'll be back. He is a great QB who is having one sub par year. The Colts would never get rid of him because of one year.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good grief.. Nobody is saying that they are gonna react to this season's performance woes or that he sucks ( I mean yeah he "sucks" but as in being a rival *******). It's about $ and if the team downcycles..

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Well all right then. Refer to my first post.

He isn't going anywhere but if they decide to start looking IMO it won't be for a couple of years. Maybe like a project at that point who will sit behind Manning for awhile. Manning will be there for years and years maybe until he reitres.

Who knows.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think he gets enough of a break that it isn't even considered unless he had two bad seasons in a row, which I don't expect. He is the franchise, and probably will be for at least 5-8 more years.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Manning is going to have to do a new deal.

Still the colts have been able to draft very well and actually have a very young team but it would be interesting to see how they do without dungy.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think i agree with that.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Manning probaly isn't going anywhere for a long time.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Don't know about you, but I actually watched Manning play in his early career. The guy could thread a needle, but could also be the league's interception leader.

Besides, the point was about cap space, not about his playing skills. Mcnair left the Titans being owed 25% of the entire roster's salary. The same could easily happen for Manning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar