Manning's future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

While I'm sure Peyton has enough gas in the tank to play at a high level for some time, do The Colts start thinking about his replacement in the next few with his contract ballooning, performance dipping and injuries creeping in? The guy is set to eat up quite a bit of Colts cap space over the next coupla years..

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I don't think it would hurt to start thinking, but unless they have no gaping holes in other areas I don't see them worrying about it yet. In other words I don't think so. The Colts have other areas to address like both lines and their secondary. Maybe if they come across a steal in the later rounds that they can afford to grab and let sit for 3-4 years then who knows.

And yeah sure Manning has had a little bit of an off year but that has to be countered with the many great seasons he has had. With the cap situation I could see maybe both sides agreeing to lower it a la Brady to grab some other players but they're not getting rid of Manning until they absolutely have to. We are talking about quite possibly the best QB to ever play the game and the face of that franchise.

Look at what it took GB to let go of Favre.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Peytons future is clear: he does a lot of commercials, and plays mediocre football. He won them a superbowl. His job is done.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Are you saying you think he is done in Indy?

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

See: McNair

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

you know better avvie

first off manning was better in his rookie year than mchurt ever was

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how so ?

Manning had a 71.2 passer rating and threw 2 more INT's than TD's as a rook

Mc never benefitted from having world-class receivers

whenever you use "better" than "ever" ,it needs to be legit

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You guys can't be serious. Barring a major injury, Manning will play for the Colts for another six years at the minimum.

Of course, I never thought we'd see Farve anything but a Packer either.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how 'bout Montana as anything but a '49er ?

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Same number of Super Bowl apperances with a lot less talented teams. And Manning was on the level of Young in his first couple seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar