Manning will work out for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

I still want him, but I'm becoming concerned pretty quick.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, I am starting to get really scared by some of the numbers that are being tossed around. People always said that Manning has never left a single dollar on the table, but I thought he might give a team a deal so he can have the best possible shot at a Super Bowl. Doesn't sound like it.

It's a huge mistake for the Titans to commit that much guaranteed money to a guy with as many question marks as Manning, IMO. Maybe if he was the final piece to a Super Bowl team (like in San Fran), but not with so many holes on defense and a potential franchise QB already on the roster.

3. TorontoTitanFan

Do you realize how contracts work?

What do you think guaranteed money is? It's money that a player is guaranteed to get no matter how poorly he plays or how hurt he is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm outta h5s.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

AKA...Jamarcus "put your hands up Oakland" Russell

6. TorontoTitanFan

Gave him one for you.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why wouldn't this have a lot to do with money? Peyton may love the game but, if everything else is close, he'd be insane to not get as much money as someone was willing to pay.

And don't think Bud's offer to make him part owners or someone in the front office will be a deciding factor because you can bet Indy will offer him the same thing once he retires.

I have to think this is more about the amount of control he'll have on the offense and the talent on the rosters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

At this point we have a better line (if we sign Wells), a better RB, better TE's and better WR's. They are completely outmatched on offense. Period.

That being said, it scares me to know that because I do not want Manning.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Well, I think that, like it or not here, Bud wants this guy. We are already in the stupid money phase with Denver here, and the only way we get out is if Denver can do more within their cap parameters than we can, and Peyton goes for the money (which I fully expect him to do).

Folks here want him...by a 2-1 margin. Be careful what you wish for, because it is this strong fan support (shown as evidenced by what we see here) that is motivating Bud here IMO.

10. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

I was all about Manning when I thought we would be getting him on an incentive-laden contract with manageable guaranteed cash, but now that it seems like we're gonna have to pay him more than the contract he had with the Colts.... I'm getting a bit iffy here.

I'm worn out. At first I didn't want him, then I did want him, and now I don't even know what to think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar