Manning Turned Off by Circus Atmosphere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgup76, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

This came from the Titans, it was their impression.

2. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a coward, but I do believe he's not a clutch player. 7 1st round playoff exits is not a coincidence, and his SB win came against Rex Grossman.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

PM has made his bed. I'm anxious to see if he wets it.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Haha. The UT fans wanted him so badly that it turned him away. Irony at its finest. I guess if people would have been more objective about the whole situation like I wanted them too then he might have come here ... thank god for you crazy UT fans hahah

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Thanks...then the team official should have kept his yap shut. That is just not a productive comment to make, as can be seen by the reaction here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Scared of expectations...

what a coward.

7. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

More than likely it was said as more of a CYA type statement. They threw the farm at him, but it was something they had no control over. "Really Mr. Adams, we did all that we could!"

8. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

If this is true, then Peyton is an idiot. The media in Denver is ten-fold than in Tennessee.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Despite me thinking he didnt like that there was even a CHANCE that fans would want Locker over him if he didnt do well.

I would be scared off by the crap that people did here too. Congress and that little BS stunt they did? Shoneys?

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but thats just creepy.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Everybody knows that they "won the Super Bowl" when they beat the Patriots that year. That was Peyton's lone clutch moment in his decade-plus long career where he's been to the playoffs the majority of the time.

He wasn't even impressive in his lone super bowl win. 1 TD, 1 INT.

His running back was his leading receiver, and Dominic Rhodes should have actually been the MVP of that game. I remember it well because I was rooting for the Colts.

I never denied that Manning was a choker, even while I was rooting for him to come here. I would take a choke in the playoffs any year, with actually getting to or winning a super bowl once or twice per decade compared to our usual outcome: 2nd or 3rd in the division.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar