Manning retirement????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I never heard him whine at all.

2. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

:coltssuck:
    There want be another SB for him we are going .Ken said :)

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I can't deal with the constant ball washing and excuse making by the media with respect to Manning.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I agree, oh wait are you talking about Manning?

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think he would want to retire playing at a high level. Look at Barry Sanders. People only remember him as an absolutely great RB, because he never stuck around long enough to become horrible.

And look what Brett Favre has done to his legacy, on the other hand.

Gotta agree with Pedro here. He would have hung it up after the Super Bowl had they won.

He wants to get the "choker" label off of himself. He almost did it this year... except for that whole last game.

He will go out with a Super Bowl win or die trying, IMO.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I just think as long as he's playing at a high level, he won't walk away. The only way to find out is to keep playing. Now I don't think he'd keep going after his next "bad" season. It's just one year, and really the only way to see he no longer has it.

7. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Chances are that him and Brady will probably retire together so they can travel the world together and to give ESPN something to talk about for a few weeks.

8. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Other retired players have advised these guys to make sure you're really done. You can't get back on the train once it's left the station (unless you're Favre). That's why so many wait till the following fall to announce. Gotta make sure they don't get the jitters to play again.

I don't think Peyton is anywhere to close to being done. He's on a good team and having fun.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He saves it for the competition committee.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar