Manning G.O.A.T.?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 10ECTyrant, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh? Moss and Welker will be Hall of Fame WR's. Moss failed with the Vikings? Take a look at his first 6 years in the league and tell me which stat spells fail to you. The 69-111 catches a year? Him having double digit TD's in 5 of the 6 seasons? Or the 1200-1600yds every year? If anything, you could make the arugment that if he had had Peyton Manning as his QB, he might have become the greatest WR in NFL history....except for his attitude issues.

Gronk will go to the Hall too if he stays healthy. And Brady didn't just have them for a year. Moss was there for 4 years (3 really great) and Welker was there for 6 years!!! And Welker was good before and after the Pats. Afterall, the ONLY reason the Pats went out and got Welker was because Saban...on leaving Miami told his good friend belicheck you have to get Welker no matter what! Since Welker became a full time starter with the Pats and Broncos, he has averaged 99 catches a year for 8 years!!! That's not a starter on EVERY team in the league?

And in Brady's early years, he was a game managing type QB....not a put it on my shoulders and carry the team kind of guy. They won with defense, a good ground game and good special teams...just like the Giants of Parcells era whom belicheck grew up in. He didn't need great WR's, just solid ones. Heck, they won the Rams game with him doing very little, even on the final drive where he completed one 15yd pass against a prevent D and the rest were check downs and a throw away.

Like Rodgers, Brady took years to turn into an elite QB except Brady did a lot of that maturing on the field while Rodgers was stuck behind Favre.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Brady also plays in an "easier" league.

I wouldn't disagree with either but I think they're top 2 regardless of order.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I said moss flopped before an after patriots. Raiders. He was great woth the vikings,but everyone and their mother thought his elite days had passed.
    And after the pats, he was not the same. Brady resurrected his career. Plain and simple. Welker would have been out of the league years ago if not for Tom Brady. They are a symptom of Tom Brady, not the cause.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes, when you said Moss flopped before the Pats...6 years as a Viking of NOT flopping but being awesome nullifies your point. The Raiders destroyed a lot of ppl!

Again, you don't seem to like FACTS! Why would Welker have been out of the league if not for the Pats. Welker would have started for Miami or the Pats and done very well. It is a FACT that Saban told Belicheck to get him at all costs....which would be odd if he thought the WR stunk and would be out of the league. And then why would Belicheck have spent a 2nd and 7th rnd pick on him and then gave him a raise if he was gonna be out of the league like you seem to think????

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Welker had ONE Rec TD in 3 years before the Patriots. If he went to a bum team after the dolphins, He would NOT be in the league at 33 years old. He probably would have hung around for maybe a few more years, and been long done by 30, IMO.

38 TDs with the Patriots in 6 years.. 1 TD before Patriots in 3 years..... He is BLESSED as can be by having two of the best statistical QBs of this generation throwing to him, from 2007-2013. And he got Manning in his last productive season, which is also one of his most productive of his career.

Without TB and less so PM.. Welker is a good slot receiver for a few years.. and once the Concussions take hold, he'd be dropped like a hot potato, due to the lack of the stellar years with Tom Brady..

of course it's speculation whether he'd have fallen off, or still been almost HOF quality.

Brady/Belichick MADE Wes Welker. If he were a Titan, he'd be Nate Washington level at best.

He's a playoff flopper... absolute brain farts in the playoffs. Horrible.

IMO, he would be a footnote without Tom Brady.

IMO, Belichick wanted him for his physical tools.. But he had the appropriate QB to utilize them. Kendall Wright has tools that Belichick would love, but he likely will never be anything unless we get a good QB.. so that's how it goes.

Unfortunately for many players.. they are stuck on teams that don't put them to their best use.. Like Akeem Ayers for example... Every Titans WR would be better off in NE, or almost anywhere else.. But WRs legacies are defined by their QB, 99 percent of the time.

I'd have loved to see Nate Washington with a Good QB the last 5 years.. He would have been a star.

#115 nickmsmith, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Trying to figure out how you vassilate between no one knows how good he would have been but then you tell me exactly what would have happened to him.

Can you please tell me how Mettenberger, Mariota, and Winston turn out so I know who to root for???

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Greatest stats of all-time... but the ultimate goal in the NFL is the Super Bowl. Manning is 1-3. Not GOAT.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

GOATest of all time..

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar