Manning G.O.A.T.?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 10ECTyrant, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

What's all this talk about manning buying the titans....?

I keep hearing the same thing about him joining UT's coaching staff.....

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Brady better

thanks for coming out

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol Yeah Peyton Manning would like to thank everyone who supported him in this discussion, but he must concede there's no way he could top Brady now.

4. 8and8

8and8 Starter

No.

5. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

The Pats fans weren't wrong during the rematch where they kept chanting "Brady's better" lol

6. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Brady was better a couple Super Bowls ago. This is an old discussion and was over a long time ago.

Great players play Big in Big games......lets keep padding the stats during the season for all its worth.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Brady versus Manning...

Cyclical

Montana versus Marino...

History repeats itself.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree....while I still lean towards Montana as GOAT, I would have to say putting Brady in this position would be legitimately debatable as well. They are in the same room at this point IMO, and I can see the case for both. That said, it is always tough to compare players from different eras.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Montana also did it with Rice/Craig/Taylor, etc...IMO, I don't think Brady has receivers quite as good, or at least (A receiver as good as Rice)

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

He had Rice for the last two wins....first two were with Freddie Solomon and Dwight Clark (from "the catch" fame). Brady had Moss and Welker for his 2007 perfect season run, and Dion Branch/David Givens were nothing to sneeze at during their prime IMO.

But yes, as I mentioned, this is perfectly debatable at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar