Man were they wrong!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Dude you are preaching to the choir. I think VY is very average and until he resurrected himself some last year was ready to send his arse packing. I also don't think he has shown so far he is capable of winning a big game because he has not done so yet. That is what I'm talking about. I didn't bring up the asinine Wennington comparison to Charles Barkley.

My point was that VY needs to start playing like Jordan and stop being Wennington who is relying on others to win the game despite his average play. Still I am realistic enough to realize that even Jordan couldn't do it by himself and that was a 5 on 5 game.

Apparently you were not around when KC was the starter and all the VY lovers were arguing how VY was better than KC (like that was a high bar to set). I still think VY was a mistake but he is all we got at this point. So I will cheer him on and hope he can become a man and actually beat a good team in a must win scenario. People can throw his record in our faces all they want but he hasn't won a big game yet. Now he is getting the support. He has one of the best OLs, the best RB and he has some quality WRs and TEs. If we lose 45-42 I'll give him a pass and blame the loss on the defense. If we lose 20-10 he needs to go. I agree those 150 yard passing games are not going to get it done.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

sorry, re-read your post...at a derby party and just hopped on for a sec and misunderstood your post. and yea, i'll cheer him on because he is on the TEAM that I have chosen to like...i think that is where the vince unrealists highly misunderstand me and other 'haters.'

I don't hate him.... anymore than they 'hate' Nick Harper or whoever plays at a very low level compared to other players in the NFL that play his position. I WANT him to succeed just as they WANT Nick Harper to succeed.

I'm sure you feel the same way.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Damn this argument has returned. I guess the simple "wait and see" attitude i have won't spread to the rest of you.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

wait you say vince hasnt won BIG games???? Hes done it his whole career!!! Every single game he won after being 6-0 was a big game. just cause he lost one playoff game which happened to be the very first one he played in, you say he cant win big games??? are for real?? hes won several times when the games on the line in big comebacks and big games.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Can I sort of debunk this whole "Well Vince has a winning record" argument? Yes he does that's obvious but it's a team sport. The year where Vince acquired most of his wins was his 2nd year in the season. Now I'm not saying Vince wasn't responsible for any of those what was it 9 wins of games he started? But 9 TD and 17 INT or something to that effect isn't good at all, I'm sure we can all agree to that. To me, it's not about how many wins he got that year which again I'm pretty sure was 9 but how many we COULD have had if Vince threw way more TD passes and way less INT.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I Agree. I do think Vince will be a great QB for us, and think he is progressing. But when guys start saying look at his record, i get embarrassed. It's a stupid excuse because in 07 i cringed everytime he threw the ball. He definitely did not lead us to the playoffs either. He constantly made bonehead plays that had me yelling Got Dammit V! However i do think he has limited those plays and will play very well this year. I just wish the VY Sucks/VY is GOD threads would go away. I thought they were finished after the Game Winner vs Arz. But now we gotta see these i told you so threads. It's so annoying. There are alot more guys on the team ppl.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

in 07: loss to to SD twice. And the Cincinnati game was just awful. I won't blame him for our first loss to Indy because he was driving us down until brandon jones dropped a easy catch on 3rd.

And in 09 he once again came up short against SD. But i do think he played well enough to beat indy.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm talking about games that really matter to either get into the playoffs or win in the playoffs. Like the 2nd Colts game last year. VY had an int that ended up being a TD for the Colts. The Colts ended up winning by only 10 points.

Or the SD game where he threw for a blistering 89 yards. Sure we probably lose anyway because the defense sucked that game but my goodness. Huge game with playoff implications and VY lays an egg. Oh did I mention VY had 2 ints in that game. 89 yards and 2 ints.

Keep in mind these games were last year when VY was actually playing better overall. Also, just as much as I think it is ridiculous to simply look at VY's overall record to determine if he is a good QB (after all KC had a great record in 2008 while VY was seeking help from Sigmund Freud) I do acknowledge it is a team sport so I'm fair when VY loses even if he played well. Bottom line it isn't OK to play great and gain everyone's love one week and then lay an egg the next week. VY still has to get better and more consistent.

9. TitansWillWin2

the first game to SD they lost was complete bull sh*t!!!! the refs blew that on the fourth down call!!!!but it was the d that gave up 2 consecutive td's to end the game!!!!And eddy that is the first post from you that i have ever respected! mad props to you man!

10. TitansWillWin2

collins had a good record in 08 when we had a great defense. in 09 we had a terrible defense and he was 0-6!!!!! OH and btw if washington makes that wide open td grab then its a whole different game!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar