Man were they wrong!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lyb- It's easy when you see those guys constantly open while Vince launches one over their head or at their feet.

Mostly seasons prior to last. I wasn't frustrated by Vince much at all last year. Even when he'd throw a pick, I'd just shrug because he had played pretty well.

2. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Well I think vince did an excellent job last season. He was basically thrown back into starting mid season so im assuming this time around he'll do quite well knowing he's starting and getting the reps/chemistry he needs during the offseason as the #1.

3. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Come on Deuce I been known to do my fair share of Complaining about Vy but his deep ball last year improve. Surprised the hell out of me I never knew he had touch That was his biggest improvement. To me he struggle with the easy passes the dump off to back he get's lazy with his foot work. That can be fixed with hard work right know I look at a Qb who is slowly getting better.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

White, who weighed 250 pounds at USC, is currently at 218.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Teams with worse defenses, worse running backs, worse offensive lines have posted similar records over that time.

Hell, Kerry Collins, one of the worst quarterbacks currently being paid by the NFL got the team to 13-3.

Bill Wennington had one of the greatest records as an active NBA player. Does that mean that he was *good enough* to do? Or was he just lucky to be surrounded by elite players at other positions?

6. Nine

Nine Starter

To give credit where credit is due...the improvement in Vince's deep throws last year was nothing short of tremendous. He has developed his accuracy and touch on deep throws to a level that few NFL QB's possess. Even on throws of 45-50 yards, he consistently delivered a very catchable ball that hit his receiver perfectly in stride. (Whether that receiver held up his end of the bargain....well, that's another matter entirely.)

Vince still has a lot of room for improvement in several other areas, and the jury is still out as to whether he'll be the long-term solution for the Titans. But like I said, at least give credit where credit's due. He still has plenty of other areas to work on....but his deep throws are nothing short of excellent.

7. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

Vince Young isn't what this team has to worry about, it's the dismal punt return team. Remember having to start a drive at the 1 yard line against the Cardinals? Remember how that was expected? I do.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Vince played very well last year. He played solid his rookie year. He's had a few bad REGULAR season games...maybe 3-4 that I can remember. I think people forget that he got pulled early because he got injured and played bad in the PRESEASON.

People really do have short memories when it comes to Vince.

I also think people give too much credit to other QB's in the league who have great recievers that go up and fight for the ball rather than stop their routes, give up on a play, etc. His mid range accuracy could improve and probably will this season.

I'd give Vince's career so far a B-

9. SifuSoul

SifuSoul Camp Fodder

For Vince's career, you have got to give vince at least a B-. I mean, his record at the very least justifies that. Yeah, he's got a lot of picks on that record, but his career passing completion percentage is what... like 56? Not terrible from a scrambling QB, especially since its been steadily on the rise.

He was awful against playoff competition last year during the last half of the season, but so was the entire team (minus cj) during those games.

Vince's real weaknesses are still where they've always been. The short to midrange ball is still way to inconsistent for a starting nfl QB, but last year gave me more trust in Vince's deep ball than I ever had in Kerry's.

We'll see what he does with another full offseason of weapons.

Now if only Kenny Britt can get his bootay in shape...

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

At the highest you give him a C. C for average, which is what he is. B is like a grade for Philip Rivers. A being Peyton Manning/Drew Brees.

And for 2 years he was an F. Last year, a C. Rookie year, a C. He hasn't done anything great, so all people can do is mention "his" record. Not his numbers or his stats. But "His" record... by his, of course we mean the one he shares with the team. Looking directly at his stats would show he wasn't the reason for many of those wins.

I like the improvement, and again I'm happy with Vince being average. As long as he keeps the turnovers down, average is fine.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar