Man were they wrong!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

Nate doesn't prefer Collins. He thinks both Collins and VY are bad. What he wants is a Peyton Manning or Drew Brees on our team, which is understandable. I think he underestimates Vince though, I guess we'll see what happens when the season starts.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well I'm not thrilled with his performance either, but I see him being a good to great player for us every snap.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

No one is advocating Collins can do any better. It's simply the turd sandwich vs the giant douche argument.

It's okay if you want Vince as your QB, some fans enjoy that 1 exciting play every other game rather than winning a Super Bowl. Unfortunately, I'm in the minority for hoping my *team* wins, instead of being concerned the #10 jersey in the closet doesn't go obsolete any time soon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No, maybe, I dont know?

I don't care. I've defended VY for too long trying to use reason and facts against haters. Now I'm just going to make outrageous ridiculous statements because that's more fun to me :)

But my true feelings are that he's a good QB. He can become an elite QB in the league (notice I said QB not passer). But for all I know he could fold and look like 2008 again.

I think he's earned the next 2 seasons as starter, unless completely abysmal. At that point we'll all have a much better idea if he's the franchise until he retires (or we lock him out) or if we will be going in another direction.

He's shown enough that people should generally be optimistic. I for one think he can lead us to our first franchise superbowl victory.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's shown enough to where I trust him to MANAGE the game, I'll give him that.

But I'll still cringe for a while when he lets the deep one go.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The deep ball he threw in Indy was perfect. Nate ruined it.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You know it's bad when your QB who's been you have to point out specific passes that you remember that were good over a 4-year career.

Although, I commend you Alex for posting a reasonable post a couple above this one. It's a realistic approach, unlike many of his *lovers* for lack of a better term, who simply praise him to preserve the value of that $120 jersey they bought 3 years ago; with complete disregard to nfl history and statistical fact.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He also threw a couple of other nice deep balls IIRC... against the 49ers and Bengals - both to Gage.

His record as a starter is what... 26-13? That's pretty soild. I'm not saying he's the greatest, and yea, his deep ball usually isn't all that good, but he's our starting QB whether you like it or not. Entering his 5th NFL season, this should be his breakout year (if he does, in fact, have one).

9. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

All the VY bashing will continue; I've never seen a player so beloved and hated by our own fans that I can remember in the last 30 years.
    To be fair to Vince, how can we accurately assess his qualifications when he has guys like Nate Washington and Gage as his weapons. The same people who say VY sucks I suspect are the same ones who said to go defense , defense, defense in the draft and agree with passing over Bryant. Give VY some quality weapons and then judge him. I would say all in all, he has done quite well with what he's had. And yes we need another WR. (not a 3rd-7th rounder)

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He was probably shocked that it was actually close to him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar