Mallett Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astooge

astooge Camp Fodder

Mallett: Big, slow guy with cannon arm
    Rusty Smith: big, slow guy with cannon arm
    Difference = Rusty seems fairly bright; Ryan does not.

For the Titans, drafting Mallett would be a wasted pick.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I disagree 100%....he is a much better QB then Rusty Smith, with much higher upside. The question with Ryan has never been on the field, it's whether the off the field rumors are true. If they are not, then he would be a great fit with the Titans.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pathetic. I probably run a 4.8 right now... Used to be a hell of a lot faster.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'd like to see some of you guys claiming that you run low 5s or even high 4s actually post video of a 40. Doubt many of you can back it up.

That said, Mallett's extremely slow time scares me. You need at least a bit of mobility in the pocket. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are slow as crap, but they are masters at stepping around rushers. I'm not convinced Mallett will be anything more than a giant, stationary target for rushers.

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I could run faster than that ! LOL ! OMG !

Although i'm not one to get worked up over 40 times particularly for QBs...if I was a GM I would be concerned with those stats right there. It screams statue to me..

6. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

His response to his 40 x was that he didn't care. Everyone knew he wasn't Michael Vick. This kid sounds like an *$$ every time I read his response to something. Whoever is drafted by the titans better worry about their 40 time at least until our offensive line can show that they can drive people out of the trenches better than they did last year.

7. Brandon

Brandon Camp Fodder

i would just like to say that i ran a 5.0 in 8th grade at 6ft and 230 pounds. so. this makes me feel good.

his slowness aside as long as he can move some and throw as accurate as they say, id prefer him to Newton.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I bet you're stronger than Keith Bulluck too.
    :lol:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

how often is a QB going to be running 40 yards on one play? Never, for a QB of Mallett's style. nearly every combine drill is meaningless to QBs. I don't care if the QB ran a 7.3 40 yard dash, straight line speed has almost nothing to do with the QB position.

Locker had a faster 40 than Newton. Does that mean Locker is more mobile than him? Definitely not.

As far as I'm concerned, there should be different combine tests for different positions: DT and OL should have 10-20 yard dashes, and cone drills if anything.

High jumps and 40s should be reserved for the positions that need long range speed: WR, CB, TE, RB. Offensive linemen running 40s is a pointless venture. Anyone who drafts a Tackle due to his great 40 time is a fool.

BTW. I ran a 5.3-5.5 in high school at 285 lbs, and was regarded as one of the slower people on the team. Mallett is extremely slow, but it doesn't matter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Anyone with my light build should be embarrassed not to run at least a 5.0 flat. I probably run a 4.8 and I have several friends who run in the 4.5-4.7 range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar