Mallett over Gabbert

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mallett was the 2nd best QB in that sugar bowl game.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Maybe that day, but he was the best NFL prospect as a QB in that game...

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

McNair was a pass first QB who could run. Newton is a run first QB. Has there ever been a successful NFL QB who had anywhere close to a 50/50 run pass ratio in college? Cam was 280 pass to 264 run. I would love to have another McNair, the guy was held back by the playcalling during his career. Guys who throw first, use their feet to create downfield can be successful in the NFL. The problem with guys like Cam, Vince, Vick, etc, is they are so explosive with their feet, they do not take the time to learn to read the defense because if it's not there they just take off. Vick has admitted to this that early in his career he did not study film like he should have because he didn't have to. I think later in his career you will see VY say the same thing. I would rather have Colin Kaepernick in round 2 or 3 then Cam in round 1. Both are similar talents, although Kaepernick has the stronger arm (possibly the strongest in the draft). If you are taking a developmental QB, why not take one a round later, and get a guy in round 1 that can come in and impact the D from day 1?

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I agree on the marijuana, but if he isn't able to clean up for the biggest interview of his life, then that should definitely raise some flags. You can gets suspended and/or arrested for the stuff.

I'm not sure I buy the cocaine rumors, but pain pills wouldn't surprise me.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You may not be, but Mallett might.....

No more goons, say NO to Mallett. What happened to let's see, Haynesworth, Pacman, Vince Young? All have character issues. No more please. I think I'd even pass over Newton for this same reason. We've got a no nonsense kind of guy now in Munchak, so please no more nonsense.

It would only be a matter of months before we hear about Mallett getting hooked on pain killers. Coke heads have no business in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Unless you're Michael Vick fast as a QB, you HAVE to think pass first, then run if it's there.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not sure how Vince Young deserves the "goon" description. I do know that had we taken a chance on a suspect character in Randy moss in 98 this franchise would have 2-3 super bowl trophys over there at Baptist. Moss was exactly what our great teams in 99 and 2000 did not have.

As for Newton i see him as a Randall Cunningham caliber prospect. Cuningham is a near hall of fame player who had a career 81.5 passing rating and 6 seasons with over 500 yards rushing.

Mcnair ran a lot in college and so did Vick. They did pretty well in this league.

I can't see how a QB who dominates the best defensive players in the country running the ball going over 1000 yards as being a negative. He can make all the throws and he was in solid control of that offense.

He is not a development propect he was the best college player in the country.

Newton is 2 inches taller and 25 lbs heavier than Mcnair when he came into the league with a similar style of play. I wouldn't hold the fact he was an absolutely sick player last year against him.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

2nd best COLLEGE Quarterback...

After 5 years of Vince Young, did you learn nothing?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What the fact that VY has one of the best winning percentages of any Qb in team history?

The fact he had a 98 passing rating this year?

This crap is so damn racist it is not funny. You don't judge every white pocket poasser on Ryan Leaf so why is every black QB VY now? That is f*****g bullcrap!!!

On top of all that it is pathetically poor analysis. Vince Young's athleticism is why he didn't make it as an elite QB? Really? I thought it was his attitude and work ethic but you want to say it is his blackness?

Pathetic.

10. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I think, at this point, a quarterback with any red flags isn't worth the risk. You are talking about the leader of the team. And love VY'S talent or hate it, we've all witnessed what happens when leadership qualities go astray. Mallet may be talented, but I really don't think he has the character to lead this team. And I question his mental ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar