Mallett over Gabbert

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

he didnt play against the best moron....he played against the some of the fastest but not the best...the sec had a down year this year in all around talent....and the speed of the sec still wont matter once he gets into the nfl

2. emong

emong Rookie

I'm not an Arkansas fan nor am I a Mallet fan but I'm pretty sure that he has played more than just this year. He was originally drafted by Michigan and played well for a rookie 7TD, 5int, 900 yards. Then redshirted after transfer to Arkansas and played well as a sophomore with comparable numbers as a junior. His opponents only included Alabama, Auburn, LSU(3 of the past 5 national champions) the other teams he played against in his career include the rest of the SEC(the last 5 National Champions came out of this conference), Ohio State, Penn State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc..

Word of advise to you grasshopper: When you evaluate a talent, look at his whole body of work, not just one year's work.

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=1514812

that gives you his player stats against teams when he played....

in 09 he didnt play to well against the top ranked teams.....only against the scrub teams and in 10 he played decent against georgia who had a down year and auburn against the other good teams that were ranked he didnt play very well....and he didnt do bad but had bad game management against ohio state with that last pick and he should of ate them alive if he played the best of the sec as you can see ohio state cant compete against the actual sec teams that are loaded with actual speed all across the field....

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Who would you say is the best?

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i personally dont think there is a best as you dont play enough non conference games to tell its all based on the conference and if your having up and down years.....

like when florida and bama won it all the sec was the best but like last year i think was a down year overall for the sec....

its not like the nfl you dont play a number of teams from divisions its all depended upon how the conference is set up like the big 12 is no defense at all its a pass happy conference

big ten looks good cause its suppose to be a power conference and its a slow conference when compared to a speed conference like the sec....overall in the past 10 years or so i would say the sec is best overall but i could be being biased too

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I don't want either of these guys, I'd rather have Ponder, Newton, or Locker to be honest, and I'm not high on them either.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Agree, except a huge F NO to Newton.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Best case scenario I think Mallett is Matt Schaub. I'll pass on that.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Take out Cam and I agree...

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in0k5f4rIgM&feature=fvst

This is the best QB in this draft bar none. One poster praised Mallett for succeeding against the best and most athletic defenses in the coubntry. Well this guy dominated them and ran over them. The LSU game alone speaks volumes because nobody runs over LSU like that.

It's always a risk to take a QB high in the draft you coukld end up with nothing for your investment but which QB is not a risk? Might as well go with the guy with the most star potential and it should be obvious to anybody who that player is.

Look into the State of alabama gentlmen because our best chance at getting a super star comes from there. Cam Newton and Julio Jones. Best 2 players we could get with that 8th pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar