Mallet Misses Carolina Workout and Interview

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

"Carroll said Mallett met with Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski the next morning but was too sick to go on with any other meetings. "

Pretty much shoots holes in the conspiracy theorists and bloggers stories. He met with the OC. Sheesh....People need to ease up on the kid.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Where there is smoke there is fire... and where there is fire there might also be barbecue and thus a legitimate reason for previously mentioned smoke.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

When the Titans draft Mallett, JCBRAVE is going to be on suicide watch.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Damn. Why couldn't it have been today? I thought for sure it was a 4/20 meeting.

Someone should've scheduled a meeting with him today to test him. One way or another, he's past baked by now.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The denial issued by a player's agent, that offers no proof whatsoever, doesn't shoot holes in anything. Of course the agent is going to make excuses.

Until there is a report from an impartial and reliable source, we won't know what actually happened.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ESPN updated the story they originally posted. Someone from the Panthers organization met with him for breakfast and they took him to the airport after he said he was sick.

A Panthers official said Mallett had dinner with Carolina's coaches the evening he arrived and informed a staff member the next morning at a scheduled breakfast that he had been sick all night with nausea.

"We told Ryan that, if he was ill, to remain in his room as long as the nausea existed," the official said. "We took him to the airport later that afternoon for his scheduled flight."

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow he must've been super sick if he could fly later in the day. :sad2:

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed. I think that's how most of us feel. And I really think Munchak and Reinfeldt realize just how critical it is to not miss on the next "QB of the Future", not to mention blow yet another first round draft pick. That, combined with this lockout mess, is one of the reasons I feel there's a small chance VY is retained for the final year on his contract. But this isn't the thread to go into all that. If we do take a QB 8th overall, I'll support him no matter who it is. I just think we can rule out Newton and Mallett due to their "issues" (whether fact, rumor or opinion). This team is in dire need of a real leader at QB that the entire fan base can get behind. A 'good guy' as you say. Too many me-first punks on this team as it is if you ask me.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

(Mallet looks at the calender and realizes what day it is)

(ring ring ring)

Panthers: hello

Mallet: Sorry, I can't make that interview to today

Panthers: Why not?

Mallet: Uhh, job interview

Panthers: Yes Ryan, that was what you were coming for...

(WINNING!!... from background)

Mallet: Uhh, damn....

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ai2Ai

Ai2Ai Starter

He's repeatedly said he doesn't want to talk about his drug issues or if there even are any, that I find that kinda suspicious. If you've got nothing to worry about then you would speak.

I don't know how much it matters in regards to him being a successful QB. If he's out drinking and smoking at a party once in a while then who cares. If it goes past that where he overdoes it that becomes a problem.

We'll see what happens. The chances of him getting drafted by Carolina are 0 anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar