Mallet Misses Carolina Workout and Interview

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

lol who wants to play for the Panthers.. don't blame him ha

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It almost seems like a conspiracy someone or some team(s) are playing out to get Mallett to drop. His excuse is reasonable and even if he had a problem with drinking or drugs he isn't stupid enough to take the chance with important interviews. Nothing in the original article gives evidence he was out late partying. We have had a number of peeople where I work, including myself, come down with illness over the last month. If he had what I had I don't blame him for skipping the meetings. Mallett even came into the office the next day and told them he was sick. Heck, even if he had a hangover he still cold have gone through the process. I'd lean heavily on the fact he was really sick.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Carroll also questioned how, in this day and age, with so many people carrying cell phone cameras, no one was able to produce a picture of a 6-foot-7 man out after hours with Jones."

Sick or not, that's some beautiful spin by his agent.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Because nobody on this side of the Mississippi River gives a freak about him....

5. Fry

I think a Panthers fan somewhere in Carolina would care if they saw Mallet and Jones out together one night in Charlotte. That wasn't the point of my post though.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Hahaha I literally said the same thing. 4/20 is clearly not a coincidence and he was getting blazed with Charlie Sheen. I'm sure they're on their 9th bowl, getting ready to take lines of coke off of Charlie's hookers' t*ts. Only a matter of time 'til they hit the meth and shoot up some heroin.

7. Fry

Except the meeting was April 9th...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Damn it man, you G-D Debbie Downer.
    Every day is 420 in Ryan Mallett's world. April 20th, April 9th, Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, Chanukah. It don't matter to Mallett, he's winning!

Speaking of Charlie Sheen, anyone see his live show yet?

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This sounds like more smoke than fire. Maybe he was actually sick. Maybe he was excused from the meeting. Maybe the Panthers are the ones leaking the info because they are trying to push him in to round 2.

All that said, I still don't think I would touch him if I was the Titans. Just too many question marks with all the drugs and alcohol stuff and the rumors of poor leadership and work habits.

For whatever reason, I'd like the next QB of the Titans to be well-spoken and a genuine good guy. Is that really too much to ask?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar