Malik Hooker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

12 and a 2nd for 5 would be so bad for us jesus don't do this ****.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

He doesn't have the speed??? You can debate cover skills but Peppers is NOT slow!!! I'll be shocked if he doesn't run a sub 4.50 40...which is fast for a S.

For those that say he can't cover, please explain how he got 10 pbu's in 2015 as a S/CB???

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Was looking forward to a big year from him!

Where do you consider Walker? He had a huge year without nearly as much help as Allen.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why would that be bad? The 12th player for us is likely to have the same ranking as the #5 player. The question is, how big is that group of players for us. In my opnion, we can get an equal value player, but you may not have control as to which player and which position. Is that worth getting a mid 2nd round pick for? I say yes unless Garrett drops...but if a super star falls, we can simply take them instead.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Walker jumps out on tape, but where would he play in our defense??? I think he really is a 4-3 DT.

6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

He only has 1 int, which gives you incentive to dig deeper into his cover ability..

Imo, he doesn't have the necessary to cover your 'pride in speed' wrs....

Watching him run after JT makes me rethink his closing ability on mobile qbs...

I'd love the possibility of him as a rover, or even a lean ILB....
    He'd def be a Tight End's worst nightmare.

I AM NOT COMPLETELY AGAINST HIM -IF WE CAN MOVE SOME THINGS AROUND, I'D DEF BE HAPPY TO BRING THIS 'TD CELEBRATION BACK.

[​IMG]

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

His best position would be as a 3 technique in a 4-3. But he could be a DE for us and kick inside when we go nickel (essentially a 4-3 DT) so we have Orakpo, Walker, Casey, and Morgan as 4 DL on pass rushing downs or nickel/dime looks.

My point is, why isn't he more highly regarded like Allen when Allen has a stacked DL surrounding him and Walker has...?

For ppl who think we should draft Allen, why wouldn't they also pound the table for Walker?

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes, we'd basically play him like Polamalu as an in the box S who can attack the LOS, keep contain and cover TE's or RB's or short zone or QB spy.

The question is, why take him over Budda Baker for instance who can blanket TE's and routinely covers slot wr's, is a great tackler and can blitz too vs run and pass. We'll see what the combine tells us.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He's not a scheme fit here, I don't think. He's built like Lamar Woodley without the first step. He's not an elite athlete on the edge. More of a technician. I think he's in a spot where he needs to gain 20 lbs and be a 3-tech or lose 15 and be a 2-down end. Great leader. Good hustle. Super productive over two years. He was at his best this season when they moved him inside and had the speed guys outside.

Maybe just one of those guys who was a great college player but just doesn't have the athletic ability to be anything more than a role player in the league. Right now I could see him going top or mid second, but I don't think the combine will be kind to him.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think the combine will be huge for him and a bunch of others. I will be curious to see his size/speed/athleticism compared to guys like Allen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar