Malik Hooker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Top 20...probably won't fall out of top 15. Depends on a number of factors but I'm not gonna look them up right now. But they are...how are his injuries healing, how many injuries and of what type, who needs a S and where do they pick in the draft. If top 10 teams need a S but need something else more and have as good or higher grade than Hooker, he'll fall. But some of the playoff teams would take him and hard to believe the bottom 16+ teams don't need a great FS prospect!

We'll know more as combine and pro day workouts happen as some players move up and others move down. Then looking at the board and team needs will give you a more accurate answer.

Who do you think goes first...Lattimore or Hooker?

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

.... HOOKER by 3 draft spots?

3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Lattimore goes first. Teams want a sure thing. The biggest thing I'm worried about is us NOT taking Lattimore at 5 -- and being forced to draft someone like Humphrey, Jones, Tabor, or Wilson - requiring several adjustments and/or having to flex against certain playcalls from a Corner stand point... What I mean by that is the only corner AT THIS POINT I'd trust in man on one of Lebeau's blitz the house...... is Lattimore.

And another thing, I've said this many times. He won't fall past Arizona. Because ONE of the DB Needy sharks (NYJ, BUF, NO, ARI) will take him...

and with Hooker having those surgeries, I can't see the Chargers taking the risk on a S when they could get Cam Robinson or Mike Williams - and if that happens you may be talking about a considerable drop

4. Clark

I know it can look like man when we blitz and I'm sure it is sometimes but DLB has been running the zone blitz forever. It's often a 3 high shell with 4 underneath.

Whole defense is about showing an overload, getting the QB to slide protection, having a stunt to get a free rusher and then dropping defenders into the zone where the Hot read is, Lbs and Safeties are the core of his defense.

I'm far from saying we don't need Cbs. We do. Absolutely, but I would curtail the hopes and dreams of the top cb in the class. Watched the Steelers disregard cbs for years and years and years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And like we talked about earlier, DLB is 80 years old, dont hitch your wagons to a guy who has 1-2 years to go...

6. Clark

Let's think about this for a second, is Jonrob Wasting talent and draft picks on a DC who could be gone in a year?

Are they overlooking it (which would be a mistake...)

OR are we riding DLB with someone in mind who's maybe on the staff, learning from DLB so we have a smooth transition when he leaves, and we don't waste 3 years of Scheme specific Defensive picks...

JROB doesn't strike me as someone who has many oversights so I imagine we have something/someone in line. At least we better hope.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

LeBeau may have found the fountain of youth. Will probably coach another 40 years lol

8. JCBRAVE

Pittsburgh didnt go that route, what makes you think grooming someone to be DLB2.0 is even possible...?

9. Clark

That actually did go that route... Butler was the LBer coach for 10+ years under DLB. He runs a similar scheme but he likes more C2 elements. It's his first Dc Job

10. JCBRAVE

Uncle keith runs a 3-4 now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar